Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UK Driving Test

Sooooo...I'm coming back to the UK for a visit again soon.

And, this time, while I'm there I'm going to try to get my UK driving license.

I've registered with a company that are arranging a theory and practical test (taking second obviously depends on passing the first) within the same week in early feb.

Now....I just need to start preparing.

How can I best prepare for theory test?

It seems that there should be some body of work for me to study that will then be tested, but i can't find it.
What I can find online are loads of practice tests, which I'm sure will be useful, but my instinct tells me I need to study before doing practice tests.

i'm sure someone on here will have just done all this recently and can point me in the right direction.

let's take our mind off the footy, eh!

best.

Siv

Comments

• You can buy highway agency DVDs and pc roms that not only have practice tests and exercises with the hazard perception test and theory test, but have exercises and lessons too, everything you need to know on one disc. As far as the practical test goes most schools do a refresher lesson which is for people that can drive but need to brush up or just shake off some bad habits that may be handy for you.
  • Best bet would be to look online for Books available, Ebay, Driving Standards Agency.

Dvd's might be availabale, however ask the school or instructor that will be giving you the lessons if they can help you.
  • I'm out of the country now...and will be pretty much until day of theory test.

I need to find online preparation materials for UK theory test. Help!

Like....what body of knowledge is it based on?
    Highway code? Where can i download and print something to study?
  • There's an app (search theory test I'm sure you'll find it) that does.the practice tests but stops giving you a question once you've got it right 3 or 4 times in a row.

Getting the others wrong, you soon remember the right answer when they come back round.
  • I'm out of the country now...and will be pretty much until day of theory test.

I need to find online preparation materials for UK theory test. Help!

Like....what body of knowledge is it based on?
    Highway code? Where can i download and print something to study?

Torrentz.EU search UK theory test.
  • There's an app (search theory test I'm sure you'll find it) that does.the practice tests but stops giving you a question once you've got it right 3 or 4 times in a row.

Getting the others wrong, you soon remember the right answer when they come back round.

Does anyone know the exact name of this excellent sounding app?
  • Sooooo...I'm coming back to the UK for a visit again soon.

And, this time, while I'm there I'm going to try to get my UK driving license.

I've registered with a company that are arranging a theory and practical test (taking second obviously depends on passing the first) within the same week in early feb.

Now....I just need to start preparing.

How can I best prepare for theory test?

It seems that there should be some body of work for me to study that will then be tested, but i can't find it.
    What I can find online are loads of practice tests, which I'm sure will be useful, but my instinct tells me I need to study before doing practice tests.

i'm sure someone on here will have just done all this recently and can point me in the right direction.

let's take our mind off the footy, eh!

best.

Siv

I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Especially with the kind of people we allow to drive in our roads!!
  • edited January 2015
    The key factors to driving in London are;

1) You always have the right of way
    2) Your indicator stalk is for hanging the car air freshener on....... and nothing else
    3) Always acknowledge other drivers in friendly cockerknee banter with phrases such as "wanker" and "tosser".
    4) All cyclists are fair game
    5) Park wherever you want.
    6) Yellow boxes are just there to keep council workers occupied getting rid of the nations excess yellow paint.
    7) Give all Nissan Micras a wide berth when overtaking
    8) All speed limits are just guidance and are not enforced.
    9) No speed cameras work if you past them at over 100mph
    10) Bus Lanes are only marked up as such to prevent tourists using them.
  • Sponsored links:

Does anyone know the exact name of this excellent sounding app?
    I'm pretty sure it was simply named, my guess would be 'Driving Theory Test'.
  • edited January 2015
    The Govt. has its very own pre-test practise version here: https://gov.uk/practise-your-driving-theory-test
    It's free.
  • thx for help so far, guys

see what i mean though... it's all practice tests, with nothing to read and study

Is this really the only way to prepare- practice tests?
  • thx for help so far, guys

see what i mean though... it's all practice tests, with nothing to read and study

Is this really the only way to prepare- practice tests?

Well that's The Highway Code isn't it? Also available free on-line.
  • Can anyone give me tips on learning to drive? i have had about 15 lessons before but I'm always bricking it. its getting vital for me to drive so im trying to squeeze in 6 hours a week as of next week and hopefully get a test for end of feburary.
  • Drive on the left side of the road (not the pavement), stop when the cars in front of you stop and go when they go.

Honestly it's very easy, even women can do it
  • Drive on the left side of the road (not the pavement), stop when the cars in front of you stop and go when they go.

Honestly it's very easy, even women can do it

Blatantly a public transport abuser