Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Price For Charlton

Does anyone have any idea what Charlton Athletic would be worth if R D was to sell.?

Comments

• Options
    How much have you got ?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    He paid about £14million. As we lose about £3-5 milion each year, he may settle for anything between £10m and £16m IMO, depending if he wants a profit or to cut losses...
  • Options
    The short answer is no.

It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

The long answer is that outside parties estimated a value of approx £25m but M. Duchatelet paid £14m

As always it depends on how keen people are to sell or buy.

However any buyer would have to take on the debt to the previous directors (loaned to the club as binds many years ago) plus any other new debt run up since the takeover.

And they would have to be willing to cover the ongoing losses year by year (£5m+?) and maybe even invest some more in the squad.
  • Options
    He also took on the acumalated debits which at the time where about £30 millions. So would expect he would want £50 millions plus for the club.
  • Options
    Any one out there with offers then?
  • Options
    Rarely any profit in football
  • Options
    msomerton said:

He also took on the acumalated debits which at the time where about £30 millions. So would expect he would want £50 millions plus for the club.

More likely he would expect new buyers to take on that debt.

There is no indication that he wants or needs to sell.

The huge changes in FFP since he bought the club and how dependent his supposed plan was on FFP creating a different financial environment may change or already have changed his mind. Or not.

We don't know and I can't see him telling us.

Someone on here used to bang on about six questions to ask the owners.

Still looking for some if those answers from M. DUCHATELET
  • Options
    Give RD and GL time, then start begging for him to sell.
  • Options

However any buyer would have to take on the debt to the previous directors (loaned to the club as binds many years ago)

is that still the case ?

• Options
    What money has he spent on the academy and training ground?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    msomerton said:

Unlikely. The debt to the offshore company would not have transferred. This was what TJ was trying to cover in the sale. How this has been handled in accounting terms we may learn from the annual accounts, but he won't have both paid £14m and taken on this debt.

My understanding is that RM also had to write off what he'd put in under TJ/MS to enable the takeover to proceed.

The other debt is the bank overdraft, the outstanding mortgage on the north stand and the longstanding former directors'/Murray loans, which in round numbers are together about £10m. But the bulk of that only becomes due on reaching the PL and isn't interest bearing before then.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Around 8 mill I tjknk to rebuild it and the academy with hotel ..... Going to get us level 1 grade

He hasn't spent the money at the TG, neither does he have planning consent for the enlarged scheme. It was all supposed to be externally funded as presently approved. He wouldn't get planning consent for a "hotel" at Sparrows Lane. The proposal is for a hostel for young players.

The former directors had not been repaid as recently as the start of this season and I can see no reason they would be, given the terms of the loan, once they had consented to the loans being rolled forward to the new regime.
  • Options
    Reading this gives me an incentive to buy a euromillions ticket the next big payday.
  • Options
    When I saw the title of the thread I thought someone was advocating Jordan as new chair(wo)man...
  • Options
    Before RD took over it was £4.97
  • Options

When I saw the title of the thread I thought someone was advocating Jordan as new chair(wo)man...

Do you want to turn us into a laughing stock where we play in pink shirts, have dancing girls in skimpy dresses,
    and hires a manager who has a say in transfers and is popular with the fans ?

At no PRICE, who do you think we are, a family club like Palace,(pink shirts borrowed from the spanners)

What a double act that would be, Katie and Katrien ?

What a double act that would be Katie on her own !

• Options
    two bigguns up front?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    MrOneLung said:

two bigguns up front?

Like Crouch and Koller ?

Like two lungs are better than one, Mronelung.
  • Options
    10,000 waffles.
  • Options
    Are you including the shiny caravan in the car park?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How RD gets his money back, let alone a profit is a very big concern as he doesn't seem to be the type to admit he got something wrong and take a write-off. Looks to me as though youth products will get sold to plug part of the shortfall if Igor doesn't turn out to be worth as much as RD paid for him (looking that way just now) but on the whole this venture is permanently loss making in a non FFP English Championship. Who other than a very rich big fan or an even richer glory seeking nutcase is going to fork out the money to give RD a profit when he sells? Meanwhile how much is the Valley worth if sold off?

What are the realistic permutations for someone who is rich, wants a profit, wrongly thought FFP would level the playing field and is not in love with Charlton? I'd be worried about how this will end.
  • Options
    Not so much the selling price but how much any new owner would invest in the facilities. We are probably better off where we are.