Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sponsor withdrawal

From Twitter this morning.....
john hayes ‏@johnmhayes Jan 11
#cafc 40 years as a season ticket holder, nearly 20 years as a sponsor. No more, my club is unrecognisable. Goodbye from Axis and me.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    that's old news. Was in one of the many threads where everyone got upset.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

It seems to me that secondary sponsors get a very poor deal at Charlton.
    As far as I can tell, there's nothing on the club's web site about them whereas most other clubs have a "our partners" section; there's a tiny mention in programmes (unless they are paying for a separate advert); and some pitch-side hoardings. And that's it. Can't see how anyone thinks that's value for money. Certainly for the last couple of years paying for a box and "entertaining" clients has looked counter-productive unless you've got clients who like being bored rigid.
    There's even one advert facing the West Stand where part of the firm's name - the word Services - is spelt Sevices for God's sake.

Surely to know whether it's value for money you'd need to know how much they're paying ?
  • Options
    You say it's not value for money but do you know how much they had been paying?

For me the most worrying thing is I don't think RD will care, the money involved will be insignificant to him. It's the community aspect of the club I feel we are losing.

I think if he could turn a profit with none of us pesky fans, he'd love that.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

As far as I can tell, there's nothing on the club's web site about them whereas most other clubs have a "our partners" section; there's a tiny mention in programmes (unless they are paying for a separate advert); and some pitch-side hoardings. And that's it. Can't see how anyone thinks that's value for money. Certainly for the last couple of years paying for a box and "entertaining" clients has looked counter-productive unless you've got clients who like being bored rigid.
    There's even one advert facing the West Stand where part of the firm's name - the word Services - is spelt Sevices for God's sake.

Surely to know whether it's value for money you'd need to know how much they're paying ?

It's not a secret - many of the prices are here: cafc.co.uk/documents/commercial-opportunities-brochure-20141583-1732097.pdf

£2000 plus VAT for a board (not facing the TV cameras but a few thousand supporters) which is then misspelt is not value for money imo.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

It's not a secret - many of the prices are here: cafc.co.uk/documents/commercial-opportunities-brochure-20141583-1732097.pdf

£2000 plus VAT for a board (not facing the TV cameras but a few thousand supporters) which is then misspelt is not value for money imo.

Just fixed that for future reference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

Do you know the club supplied the board?

• Options
    It's ok, the club are selling cars now.... I just got an email from them to buy a new motor
  • Options
    I imagine the sponsor sitting next to KM on the train may be wondering what the hell he got himself into as well.
  • Options
    Axis have sponsored the tunnel at The Valley for many years' as well as being very supportive of the club via sponsorships on a huge variety of other projects, particularly when PV and SK were on board.
    John also supported the club via Axis on the non match side of the business, conferences, board meetings, Christmas parties etc
    He is a great CAFC fan and as commented on above, tried to assist the club as much as possible without getting perhaps the perceived media values via his sponsorship efforts.
    He has also had a table in one of the top hospitality suites for many years.
    It is a great shame that the club is losing the support of contributors such as John, both as a fan and as via Axis a sponsor.
  • Options

"this morning" / tweet dated Jan 11.

Sorry for the confusion - I don't follow John Hayes on Twitter and received the message as a re-tweet. I agree with masicat that the match sponsor is poor value for money, with the cost increased this season - a microscopic logo on the programme cover, a PA announcement that few people listen to...nice, though, to be pitch-side before kick-off and walk out to the centre circle! Was going to sponsor the Rotherham game but changed my mind for budgetary reasons.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

Do you know the club supplied the board?

No.

Does that matter? It's shoddy and shows neither the Club nor the sponsor in a good light.
    dickplumb said:

cafcfan said:

Well you noticed it so it must be working.

Yeah, I noticed. Somehow it seemed more interesting than what was happening on the pitch and I've got bored with looking at the busted pixels on the big screen.
  • Options

The club merely has the advertising space, the people who sponsor can then put whatever they wish within the advertising space (within the clubs T&Cs). The company that has the misspelled board only has themselves to blame as they will have provided the design and copy to the clubs preferred advertising hoarding printer.

The reason John Hayes pulled the sponsorship had nothing to do with the deal Axis were getting from the club. I highly doubt the exposure Axis get (it's on the side of the tunnel) from their sponsorship deal actually gives them more than what they pay, but he's a life long fan and he saw this as a way to give something back to the club he loves. By pulling the sponsorship he no longer wants to put money into RD pocket, and it's a damning indictment of the situation as a whole.

I was going to say surely that's the case, they just messed up on the signage when they provided the club with the design.
  • Options
    Sad to hear but a bit of a drama queen.
  • Options
    Axis have sponsored the tunnel at The Valley for many years' as well as being very supportive of the club via sponsorships on a huge variety of other projects, particularly when PV and SK were on board.
    John also supported the club via Axis on the non match side of the business, conferences, board meetings, Christmas parties etc
    He is a great CAFC fan and as commented on above, tried to assist the club as much as possible without getting perhaps the perceived media values via his sponsorship efforts.
    He has also had a table in one of the top hospitality suites for many years.
    It is a great shame that the club is losing the support of contributors such as John, both as a fan and as via Axis a sponsor.

This above, I have done work with Axis. Those guys are great supporters of this Club, how long is this crap going to go on for ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    chilham said:

From Twitter this morning.....
    john hayes ‏@johnmhayes Jan 11
    #cafc 40 years as a season ticket holder, nearly 20 years as a sponsor. No more, my club is unrecognisable. Goodbye from Axis and me.

Christ, even Colin is more up to date than you (:
  • Options
    Pardew out!

Sorry meant to post that 10 years ago...
  • Options
    I would imagine that as tunnel sponsor he is paid up for the season? and now we are all talking about his company.

good bit of free advertising from a tweet.
  • Options
    I was wondering why my advert for spell checking services wasn’t bringing in any business.
  • Options
    A new sponsor has just been announced...its on the OS.....almost....

http://www.tudorrosette.co.uk