Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Henderson

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
Does anyone know what's going on with him? He seems to have been out for ages!

I didn't think the injury he sustained was that serious.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015

Does anyone know what's going on with him? He seems to have been out for ages!

I didn't think the injury he sustained was that serious.

he had an operation towards the end of December
    it seemed to take them ages to realize he needed an operation
  • Options
    So how long til he should be back (march seems fair barring any further issues).
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

So how long til he should be back (march seems fair barring any further issues).

I think BP before he left said he was back in training next week, which would be this week
    so hopefully back soon
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

They said the operation went well and the injury not as bad as they expected ... Might see him v Rotherham
    Think his injury was the start of our bad run ... With him in the side we would have been a lot closer to the play off places

Yeah it was the start pretty much.

Bikey and TBH started to look wobbly with his replacements. I think Hendo held the back together - good mouth, good distribution, decent shot stopper.

Hendo was the reason the shit from the rest of the issues took time to really hit the fan. Good modern goalkeeping is massively important.

• Options
    colin1961 said:

They said the operation went well and the injury not as bad as they expected ... Might see him v Rotherham
    Think his injury was the start of our bad run ... With him in the side we would have been a lot closer to the play off places

THIS .. definitely
  • Options
    I was told he was out for the season, this was quite a few weeks ago
  • Options

goddammitt !!
  • Options

I think that may have been the original concern.

But I think the prognosis may be better after the operation.
  • Options
    Was a big miss as both Pope and Etheridge have cost us points we know he would have won us.
  • Options
    Wiggins was a big surprise to be back for the Brighton game, perhaps Hendo will be a surprise back for Wolves. A long shot but it'd be nice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully he will be back soon. Last game we won was his last game.
  • Options

Dimi looks alright, but then Etheridge and Pope both did initially so proves little. The difference between how well we've done with and without him shows there is a whole lot more to being a top keeper than catching/saving the ball, frankly. Defenders need someone they know will be consistent and reliable and let them do their job - we've lacked this.
  • Options
    According to Ketts, Henderson is know fit and ready to play, so Etheridge likely to go out on loan
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Dimi looks alright, but then Etheridge and Pope both did initially so proves little. The difference between how well we've done with and without him shows there is a whole lot more to being a top keeper than catching/saving the ball, frankly. Defenders need someone they know will be consistent and reliable and let them do their job - we've lacked this.
    I think it's harsh to blame the keepers. Quite frankly, our defence has been awful for a long time and they're experienced enough to know how to be organised. It's not as if we've been chopping and changing players throughout the season.

Don't get me wrong, Henderson is our best keeper and we do miss him but some of the mistakes from our defence have been criminal.
  • Options
    Can we get the other Henderson in on loan in Midfield?

You know the other Jordan?
  • Options

thenewbie said:

I think it's harsh to blame the keepers. Quite frankly, our defence has been awful for a long time and they're experienced enough to know how to be organised. It's not as if we've been chopping and changing players throughout the season.

Don't get me wrong, Henderson is our best keeper and we do miss him but some of the mistakes from our defence have been criminal.
    especially from defending set pieces