Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

4X4 SSANYONG ..

2»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

If you want cheap, then look at Dacia.

Amazed how many of them are on the roads in France.

As much as I hate to say it, my niece has a Dacia and says she really likes it. But be careful if you really want a 4x4 as the cheaper models are only 2-wheel drive.
  • Options
    Kia sportage or ford kuga or vauxhall mokka are smart.
  • Options
    ads said:

Never heard of these, so I googled it. This is the image that came up.

Surely this isn't the model you're thinking of. One of the ugliest cars I've seen..........

A fat micra
    "Fat Nissan Micra, yer just a fat Nissan Micra......"
  • Options
    Hyundai is probably the way to go here...good price and good warranty... Kia also.. I test drove one of the first Ssanyong 4x4s in the country for documentary on 'jeeps' and it was without doubt one of the worst cars I have ever driven...(was about 20 years ago though and much has change, admittedly..). Ford Kuga is a good car, but a bit more pricey, the Ford EcoSport worth looking at too (altho had mixed reviews...).
  • Options

Hyundai is probably the way to go here...good price and good warranty... Kia also.. I test drove one of the first Ssanyong 4x4s in the country for documentary on 'jeeps' and it was without doubt one of the worst cars I have ever driven...(was about 20 years ago though and much has change, admittedly..). Ford Kuga is a good car, but a bit more pricey, the Ford EcoSport worth looking at too (altho had mixed reviews...).

I drove a Fiesta Eco sport. 1.3 engine and the name eco sport made me think it would be cheap as chips. I was wrong. It sounded awesome, went like stink and drank petrol at an alarming rate.

• Options
    Interesting. Always fancied a Cayenne but regarded them as overpriced .. 20 grand for the car and 50 grand for the badge .. I have been told that they are trouble and 15 grand for a 6 year old is expensive. Whatever.
    I was looking for a new 4x4 because a lot of 2nd hand ones of all makes have been shagged out, also for the long warranty/service deals on new vehicles. I am not especially fussed about trading in values.
    A lot of food for thought .. thanks to y'all for your comments and recommendations ((:>)
  • Options
    I have probably been very silly but I've recently got rid of my RAV4 and bought a Jeep Cherokee. It is "fully loaded" as the Yanks would say and I'm happy with it so far. The 9-speed auto is a peach.
  • Options
    As the Land Rover Defender is being discontinued I wonder if there's any good deals on new or near new ones? Will hold there value even more from next year.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    How about one of the newer Mercedes ML series?
    The 2.5l engine one gets some good write ups, both in engine power and fuel consumption.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

As the Land Rover Defender is being discontinued I wonder if there's any good deals on new or near new ones? Will hold there value even more from next year.

good idea .. terrible reliability record though .. perhaps the Tata takeover has improved this aspect .. LR are and probably will remain expensive, nice vehicles though and as you say will retain their value better, but I am not too fussy about that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How about one of the newer Mercedes ML series?
    The 2.5l engine one gets some good write ups, both in engine power and fuel consumption.

price ?
  • Options

Interesting. Always fancied a Cayenne but regarded them as overpriced .. 20 grand for the car and 50 grand for the badge .. I have been told that they are trouble and 15 grand for a 6 year old is expensive. Whatever.
    I was looking for a new 4x4 because a lot of 2nd hand ones of all makes have been shagged out, also for the long warranty/service deals on new vehicles. I am not especially fussed about trading in values.
    A lot of food for thought .. thanks to y'all for your comments and recommendations ((:>)

Tell that to Gary Glittter.
  • Options
    Kia take some beating with their 7 year warranty, and the choice of vehicles is getting better all the time. My wife is on her second Sorento and we have also had the Sportage, all with little or no problem.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Kia take some beating with their 7 year warranty, and the choice of vehicles is getting better all the time. My wife is on her second Sorento and we have also had the Sportage, all with little or no problem.

cheers Del .. I have been considering Kia .. like Ikea but you don't have to assemble the parts yourself .. ((:>)
  • Options
    Quashqai
  • Options
    I prefer the quashqai to the sportage, both over the Peugeot 3008. Have driven these all over the country.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Quashqai

I prefer the quashqai to the sportage, both over the Peugeot 3008. Have driven these all over the country.

New Qashqai 4 WD about £ 26,000 .. too expensive