Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Pretty decent quality footage.
  • Options
    Ah, not the blanket brigade from the East Stand :-)
  • Options
    I fly model helicopters, but really considering getting one of these. Saw a bloke flying one of these recently and was telling me how he works for a German company which develop these. The one he was using had a fully HD camera fitted, that had independent contols, meaning you didn't have to rotate the drone to turn the camera. It was also fitted with gps, so even in strong winds, it would hold its course and if the controller was to fail for any reason, or the signal was lost, it automatically flies back to its take-off position.

The cost of that particular model would be between £10-15k, so way out of the price range of most. Now due to the better quality of the cameras, they're being used more by TV companies and emergency services.

There are some decent ones for around the £3-£400 mark though.......
  • Options
    Pretty pointless...
  • Options

Saw the title of the thread and thought the CL Mods were proposing a new name for Charlton Life...

I thought it referred to the current team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Saw the title of the thread and thought the CL Mods were proposing a new name for Charlton Life...

I thought it referred to the current team.
    No that would be...

The quite shit
  • Options
    is that frost covers drying in the south stand? guess the undersoil heating has not been switched on yet?
  • Options
    Nah it's a pigeon shit catcher, all the rage in Belgique!
  • Options

Charlton Moan.
  • Options
    Great ... A birds eye view of the potholes in the car park
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The little big screen is on again - that Roland has got more money than sense
  • Options

I fly model helicopters, but really considering getting one of these. Saw a bloke flying one of these recently and was telling me how he works for a German company which develop these. The one he was using had a fully HD camera fitted, that had independent contols, meaning you didn't have to rotate the drone to turn the camera. It was also fitted with gps, so even in strong winds, it would hold its course and if the controller was to fail for any reason, or the signal was lost, it automatically flies back to its take-off position.

The cost of that particular model would be between £10-15k, so way out of the price range of most. Now due to the better quality of the cameras, they're being used more by TV companies and emergency services.

There are some decent ones for around the £3-£400 mark though.......

Tango - all those around £1000 have HD cameras and GPS 'fly home.' You can buy a rig for c £250 that will enable single management of flight and camera at the same time.
  • Options
    I must admit I've had gadget envy looking at these on the web. My dream gadget toy. Certainly cant justify buying one though. Well, not yet anyway!

• Options
    Fella at work has just got one,had a go of it last night and as JohnBoy has pointed out,proper gadget envy! Cost him £1000 with the camera/gps system and is great fun. Expensive toy though unfortunately.
  • Options
    Why ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking to get one of these for work. Some roofs cannot be assessed from below and in the past I have even resorted to Google Earth in some cases to work out a complicated roof layout. Would be useful for roof surveys and before-and-after photographs.
  • Options
    Ok Del the benefits
  • Options
    Hadn't realised attendances have got that bad!