Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tonight's results not good

Brighton and Fulham both winning. All getting a bit tighter down there...

Comments

• Options

as I said on the other thread surely the main games that count is Rotherham, Millwall and Blackpool those are the 3 most likely to get relegated so as long as we finish above those 3 we are fine

and besides Fulham were never really in trouble with the squad they had and Brighton were always gonna turn it around under Hughton

IMO the games tonight have not affected us in anyway
  • Options
    I am of the view that I had this time last year, namely it would take a lot for the required number of teams below us all to get enough points to get past us in the assumption that we manage to paste together another ten points or so. I think survival could be assure with a very low total this year (early forties should do it). The flaw in that particular plan though is that it is just possible that our disfunctionality is so complete that we barely score another point. I think we'll be ok. But it will get scary.
  • Options
    We cant be relying on others losing at this stage anyway. Heads down and get some points ourselves, other teams dont matter until closer to the end of the season.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

We cant be relying on others losing at this stage anyway. Heads down and get some points ourselves, other teams dont matter until closer to the end of the season.

spot on. Shouldn't be looking down the table right now, just need to sort ourselves out, have a good February and then we will be safe.
  • Options
    RD out!

I just thought I'd blame him for something else...
  • Options
    It's about what we do and still entirely in our hands. We need to stop the rot. The players have not had an easy ride, in comparison to other clubs, over the last 2 weeks. Lots of unrest and de-motivation.

If we get over this dark patch, then we will stay up. Just a question of where and when the next 3pts are coming from.
  • Options

pushed Brighton and leeds further away from the bottom 3, they're the only one's we really need to care about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're further from bottom three and only two points behind us.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

They're further from bottom three and only two points behind us.

That's my point, so long as we're not in the bottom 3 I am happy enough for this season...

• Options
    Would rather there were more teams between us and the bottom three regardless of the points gap.

If were are 4th bottom then it takes only one team to go on a run to put us below the dotted line.
  • Options

Would rather there were more teams between us and the bottom three regardless of the points gap.

If were are 4th bottom then it takes only one team to go on a run to put us below the dotted line.

"I'd rather we we're higher up the table than lower down the table" - every fan ever :)
  • Options
    Think Brighton under Hughton will pull away so am discounting them.

Blackpool are as good as down.

Millwall need to find something from somewhere and if rumours are right that they can't afford to sack their manager (something we'd never have to deal with) then they could well follow.

Wigan's issue is the same as ours really - scoring. Found the net just nine times in the last 12 matches. But could still see them finding something.

Rotherham should, based on their squad, go down and even with their "monster" of a manager think they will.

That leaves us, Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield of the others in my opinion to be in the "dog fight" too.

But, based on the above, my confident prediction is that the three to go down will be:

Blackpool, Rotherham & Millwall.

• Options
    Millwall are the jammiest football team going, they'll find a way to stay up. Cockroaches.