Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton in Oz

I'm fairly sure there are plenty of Charlton over there after being on here for years..

Flying over to Perth (mate lives there) on Monday with a year long working holiday visa, one way ticket, and myself. Plan on seeing Sydney and Melbourne at some point, no real plan, but if anyone wants to meet for a beer when we are playing (or Luzon) or knows of any work in Perth, Melbs or Sydney, give us a shout.

Nice one. Be good to meet some Oz addicks. No plan to come back right now.

Comments

• Good luck JT , enjoy
  • Harold bishop is a massive charlton fan
  • Watch out for Mrs Mangle she's a Palace fan
  • @JT‌

You picked a good time to fly down here mate, will be 36c on Monday and Tuesday!

I'm Based in the northern part of Perth and would be up for for a night on the beer catching up on all thing Charlton! Even if it don't make good reading recently.

@ozaddick‌ is here too and I know he'll be up for a pint or two when he's back from work. About a fortnight or so.

Drop us a line once you get down here mate and I'll sort something out.

• Flying over to Perth (mate lives there) on Monday

Coward, can't you escape Charlton any further away ?
  • Lucky sod. Make the most of every moment ... you will have a blast.
  • Nice one JT , enjoy mate
  • Granpa said:

Flying over to Perth (mate lives there) on Monday

Coward, can't you escape Charlton any further away ?

Too lazy to go to Pluto
  • I hope to do the same one day, however being engaged, having a mortgage and having a Dog doesn't really allow for it until I retire or get dumped lol!
  • How you doing JT.
    I'll be off the rig in 3 weeks, as @Eirik Bakke‌ said, we'll have a few jars with you mate. Welcome to paradise!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm in Canberra (a great place to live but probably not such a great place to visit!) so you'll probably not make it to my neck of the woods.

All the best with your trip Down Under JT hopefully you'll have a unforgettable year. If you do end up in the ACT give me a shout!
  • @JT‌

You picked a good time to fly down here mate, will be 36c on Monday and Tuesday!

I'm Based in the northern part of Perth and would be up for for a night on the beer catching up on all thing Charlton! Even if it don't make good reading recently.

@ozaddick‌ is here too and I know he'll be up for a pint or two when he's back from work. About a fortnight or so.

Drop us a line once you get down here mate and I'll sort something out.

Hello Ian,
    Whenever I see a post from you I still laugh at that night out after the Leeds game.
    Hope your well
  • Was a good night Tony wasn't it! That geezer in the curry house was convinced I was Eirik Bakke!!

All good ta mate, should be back again for a trip in August time mate so will definatly catch up for a beer this time.
  • Have a lot of fun - I won't offer any advice in the assumption that the place has changed in the the 26 years since I was last there.

Did have some mad times down there though.
  • Sorry only just got back on here, cheers oohahh, brenda shag and pl54. Got to do it while I can.

Oz addick and Erik i shall be in touch. And ZB if i get there. Nice one.

• make sure you post some photos in here, eh
  • make sure you post some photos in here, eh

Yeah of the countdown bird out there
  • hey mate,

i live in sydney(manly) if you ever wanna go for beer,
  • Who does countdown in Oz?
  • It was on over here but was called "letters and numbers".
    Dumbed down name as usual for our convict friends so that they can understand what's going on!

Anyway the oz equivalent of the lovely Rachel is here

Image from http://forums.auscelebs.net/acnet-images/78570/lily-serna-sbs-letters-and-numbers-413886.jpg.

Lily Serna
  • Sponsored links:

• Any other cafc fans living in Cairns?
  • edited February 2015
    Any addicks in Sydney know of any jobs going suitable for someone on a 1 year working visa?
  • edited February 2015

It was on over here but was called "letters and numbers".
    Dumbed down name as usual for our convict friends so that they can understand what's going on!

Anyway the oz equivalent of the lovely Rachel is here

Image from http://forums.auscelebs.net/acnet-images/78570/lily-serna-sbs-letters-and-numbers-413886.jpg.

Lily Serna

That the best they could do?! I'll give Australia one thing and that they breed seriously hot women..... Oh that's right, now I get it, they needed a hot AND intelligent woman for the show!
  • Brisbane ATM having done Sydney, Melbourne and then Perth. Beautiful country and even taking in some football over here, poor standard but I'm that used to it being a ST holder at Charlton :----)
  • Hi there JT, I arrived in Perth on the 22nd of jan also doing what you are planning to do... Working holiday visa, one way ticket and no real plan.

How's it going for you so far?

• Well just finished my farm work for the 2nd visa, working on a banana farm in some redneck town in Queensland. Certainly an experience. They weren't the biggest fans of travellers up that way.

Now in Sydney, just trying to get some full time work sorted. Incredible city from what ive seen already. Cold after coming from up north though.

• How was the work on the banana farm? What where the hours like there?

Been looking for farm work for my 2nd year last month or so. Havent had much luck so far. Which company did you find it through if you remember? Looking forward to the return of summer, saying that winter here in Perth is like a decent summer back home ...
  • Hope you are having a great time @JT

Think My mate Tel who used to post on here is Sydney based so if you wanna meet a Charlton fan for a beer give me a whisper as I'm sure he'd be keen.

And if you go Melbourne I've Charlton fam there who would also be keen
  • Ring all the hostels in Innisfail @ExampleSE7. I was at Walkabout, the social there is top notch. They are working hostels so they sort you a job out within a week. Everyone in them is doing farm work.

Bananas all year round, pay is by hour and normally 7am-4
  • Mascot88 and I both live in Melbourne