Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do Wolves still wear old gold?

I am pretty sure that in old programmes Wolves' colours were billed as old gold jerseys and black knickers.

Now, I fully understand that no team wears knickers these days and who wants to split hairs over jerseys and shirts? But, old gold or gold. What's the difference? The Wolves' website now refers to gold rather than 'old gold'. Any explanations?

Comments

• Options
    They actually wear orange so it's pretty irrelevant nowadays, same as Hull and to a lesser extent the green of Yeovil, which recently has been way too bright IMO
  • Options
    I believe the technical term now used to describe the colour of Wolves' shirts is 'custard'.
  • Options
    they did in subuteo
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I believe the technical term now used to describe the colour of Wolves' shirts is 'custard'.

Are we going to be the crumble

• Options
    Old gold is a dark yellow, which varies from light olive or olive brown to deep or strong yellow, generally on the darker side of this range.
    Gold, also called golden, is one of a variety of yellow-orange color blends used to give the impression of the color of the element gold.
    http://colors.findthedata.com/compare/247-668/Vegas-Gold-vs-Old-Gold
  • Options

bobmunro said:

That was last week.......
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

It's not shark infested is it? Being thrown to the Wolves is bad enough. :-(
  • Options

Old gold is a dark yellow, which varies from light olive or olive brown to deep or strong yellow, generally on the darker side of this range.
    Gold, also called golden, is one of a variety of yellow-orange color blends used to give the impression of the color of the element gold.
    http://colors.findthedata.com/compare/247-668/Vegas-Gold-vs-Old-Gold

Loving that website Absurdistan, colour breakdown, Pantone matches, great!
  • Options
    As Wolverhampton is stuck in the 70's I would have thought Old Spice would be more appropriate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes. From this year's Sky book: Gold shirts with black trim. Black shorts with gold trim. Gold socks with black trim.
  • Options
    Only wolves in da hood wear bling man.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

That was last week.......
    This week we are a turnover.
  • Options
    I know a couple of Wolves fans who are very precious over the 'old gold' being the colour of their shirts.

I never miss the opportunity to call it dirty yellow.
  • Options
    There's quite some debate about it here: http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=1133449
  • Options
    Utterly captivating. Will be interesting to see the varying shades of red used by Charlton, which would no doubt be of great fascination to Wolves fans.