Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon and Ex Liege players

2»

Comments

• Options
    As a Belgian perhaps it is reason to assume RD's heart is with SL. As a businessman, tantalised by the riches of the Premier League, is it not reasonale to expect his priorities swithch to us? Instead of getting SL's cast off's the position could be reversed. Perhaps Luzon will ensure this happens; with his past experience of working for RD and "network players" we must hope he can make this happen. In my view, yesterday was a promissing, if modest, start.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I get to the London and SE aways but not Ipswich for some reason. Let's see how we go next Saturday but this story that ex Liege players won't play for Luzon doesn't appear to have legs.
    Will be good to see if Watt starts and what happens when Bulot is back.
  • Options

As a Belgian perhaps it is reason to assume RD's heart is with SL. As a businessman, tantalised by the riches of the Premier League, is it not reasonale to expect his priorities swithch to us? Instead of getting SL's cast off's the position could be reversed. Perhaps Luzon will ensure this happens; with his past experience of working for RD and "network players" we must hope he can make this happen. In my view, yesterday was a promissing, if modest, start.

Wishful thinking with little evidence to support it. Unfortunately.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    meldrew66 said:

Feel sorry for Watt. Very likely his days are numbered before he has had chance.

Why's that @meldrew66 ? Not seen any indications that he has any problems with Luzon. He seems up for it at the moment. Also on a long contract.
  • Options
    He also said Luzon was the best mgr he played for
  • Options
    Ditto :-)
  • Options
    It's great we drew a line under the issues of the last few weeks, and that Luzon delivered a clean sheet. A new start perhaps? We will all see how we get on next week. Of course our end of season position is impossible to predict precisely but I think fans are looking for signs.
    The point of this thread is that if Luzon can get the best out of players he coached last year, including Watt then we should see something quite decent emerge.
    The comms has been outstandingly bad and there is simply no statement of vision for fans to share. Those still going to the Valley have gone through eight seasons outside of the FAPL and they perhaps find it hard to understand why more is not done to stay in touch with the top clubs in the Championship.

As someone else posted, the previous owners had ambition but no money to spend whereas M.Duchatelet has money but isn't spending it.
  • Options

He also said Luzon was the best mgr he played for

/ the only one he hasn't fallen out with.
  • Options

this story that ex Liege players don't play for Luzon doesn't appear to have legs.
    Will be good to see if Watt starts and what happens when Bulot is back.

Bump!
    Don't normally quote myself but always thought how Bulot and Watt play under Luzon was crucial to our chances. Those two, Vetokele and Gudmundsson all posed a threat today and Buyens / Cousins were solid in midfield.

When was the last time our front six performed like today? There was an understanding, dare I say fluidity about how we broke out of defence today.

One game changes nothing but changes everything at the same time. Hopefully kills the story about Luzon and the Liege players because if that were true then that would have made the appointment completely crazy as opposed to the PR train crash surrounding it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But who got those players fired up? The manager? Or Johnnie Jackson? Seems to me that JJ has had enough of people trying to get a free ride and his comments pre-game leads me to believe that he can take a certain amount of credit for the increase in output from some of the players.

Can't disagree as I'm not privy to what's going on behind the scenes. Also it's clear Jackson was pivotal in binding the squad together when Riga started.
    We got the win which makes a big difference to our chances of ending the season in one piece. That's all I care about right now.