Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fit & Proper Person?

Regarding the test that club chairmen have to undergo before purchasing a club, of which the Leeds owner has just seen his appeal rejected. It is possible for the Football League to review a club's ownership if enough fans complain for them to do so possibly in the form of a petition? Surely having the intent to make a club into an owner's feeder team is not what the Football League want to see happen.

Comments

• Options
    This thread is now toast.
  • Options
    Was it Len Shackleton who had a chapter in his autobiography about what directors and chairmen know about football....it consisted of a blank page.
  • Options
    The fit and proper persons test is basically set up to determine if there's a chance the owner will bankrupt the club or put them in Administration.

Seeing that RD actually saved us from Administration and there's yet to be a single sign he's gonna let us get into money problems (by refusing to spend a penny) then in that sense he's probably one of the better chairman out there
  • Options
    Perhaps feeder team is the wrong term. Warehouse for rejects or showcase to help RD's wallet is more appropriate.
  • Options
    WTF - actually Yes I agree.

Get a petition up and post it on Nigels.net that should get a few votes.

The next owner is bound to be the well known Sheikh Ma Handi who has squiĺlions to spare and doesn't care where it goes.
  • Options

Regarding the test that club chairmen have to undergo before purchasing a club, of which the Leeds owner has just seen his appeal rejected. It is possible for the Football League to review a club's ownership if enough fans complain for them to do so possibly in the form of a petition? Surely having the intent to make a club into an owner's feeder team is not what the Football League want to see happen.

The same old answer.

If you have £25million spare, offer to buy him out!
  • Options
    To take 'fit and proper' literally, I would expect most to fall down on fitness. Most are probably proper people; we seem to have an alien from another planet though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If any country have feeder clubs, it's England.

For example, Manchester United and Royal Antwerp.
  • Options
    No such thing as the "fit and proper persons test" anymore.

It's now called the "owners and directors test"
  • Options
    By any name, Roland is NOT going to fail it, ever. From my (limited) knowledge you would have to be a) criminally incompetent or b) just criminal to fail the test and frankly, he's not. He's probably something of an arsehole as a man, and his experiment seems to have failed, but the club is being run well within any and all legal/financial requirements.
  • Options
    Fit means able to get up a flight of stairs in a stairlift and proper means still breathing with a very large bank account and not actually doing time at the present (previous jail time is forgivable, (if the bank account is large enough, obviously). Being slightly bonkers also helps with the proper test but is not essential.
  • Options
    After Phil Thompson's comments on Soccer Saturday yesterday, I'd just like to give this a BUMP :)
  • Options
    What were Phil Thompson's comments?
  • Options
    Stig said:

What were Phil Thompson's comments?

Sit down Pinocchio
  • Options

The same old answer.

If you have £25million spare, offer to buy him out!
    Peter Varney's people tried that one!
  • Options
    I haven't heard Phil Thompson's comments, but I'm still curious about Jean Bucquoye and his involvement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can I get those LOL's taken back please :lol:
  • Options
    Will look into it
  • Options

He basically said that regarding us, the FA need to review the fit and proper persons test and should step in now.

The FA won't give a shit. They haven't stepped in at Blackpool who've dropped further than us, so why will they step in for us?