Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Wolves match thread 24/01/15

Comments

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Etheridge & Wilson ( fair enough) and Wiggins (?) . Ben Haim, Bikey & Buyens - perceived to be the "Gang of Three", are all in.

Red Midland - who is up against Fox? Van La Parra?

Not sure if it VLP or Afobe
  • Options
    Fox has got his hands full with Van La parra - he's a speed merchant. Still, the scouting report should have said that......
  • Options

People on Twitter defo unhappy -: Well that's a surprise. Puppet takes over and network goalkeeper goes straight into team. Zzz.

What idiot said that?
  • Options
    Thanks seth and red for what your doing this afternoon lets hope you can "make it happen"!!!

COYR............
  • Options
    Well, could be Wiggins has picked up another niggle (again), he's been in and out of the medical room pretty much since the first injury in fairness. Not necessarily dropped because Fox is preferred when both fit. Otherwise about expected, interesting that the 3BBs (Buyens, Ben Haim and Bikey) all start, though there's not an awful lot of choice.
  • Options
    With that line-up I hope he is going 4-5-1, I think 4-4-2 will be a mistake.
  • Options
    Glad to have you back RM. Am I the only one that's very optimistic about Dmitrovic?
  • Options
    Etheridge has sadly let in too many goals of late (Henderson behind the exact same defence didnt) so its time to give Dmitrovic a chance for me.

He did save a penalty in an U21s match so lets wait and see
  • Options
    Wolves striker Benik Afobe could make his full debut this weekend after the new signing from Arsenal scored off the bench in the 2-0 win over Blackpool.

Defender Scott Golbourne returns after a foot injury but Tommy Rowe (foot) is weeks away from recovery.

Charlton will add midfielder Milos Veljkovic to their squad after signing him on loan from Tottenham until the end of the season.
  • Options

Wiggins injured?

Hopefully for GL's sake unless he wants a bit more height in the defence which I thought I read somewhere on here he prefers in his teams
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't seen Wolves recently, but that looks like a 4-2-3-1, with Afobe at Centre Forward. Van la Parra and Henry play wide.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

People on Twitter defo unhappy -: Well that's a surprise. Puppet takes over and network goalkeeper goes straight into team. Zzz.

I'm not a puppet Red but I would have picked him over Etheridge anyway. Let's hope the new lad is another Sasha. :wink:
  • Options
    Think we'll get another hammering looking at that line up. Not a happy bunny :-(
  • Options

With that line-up I hope he is going 4-5-1, I think 4-4-2 will be a mistake.

As we don't know how the new coach sets up his teams, we may go 4-2-3-1 as well?
  • Options
    WSS said:

What idiot said that?
    Etheridge. #charltongoalie ;)

• Options
    RedChaser said:

I'm not a puppet Red but I would have picked him over Etheridge anyway. Let's hope the new lad is another Sasha. :wink:
    Hi @RedChaser.....I was copying a quote from twitter (lots of disappointed comments on there as soon as team was announced), everyone has their own opinion....as for me...I'm prepared to see how they do before making any comments, I just hope that this week they have at least turned up and are interested in playing, no matter who they are!!
  • Options
    did not want Fox playing when Wiggins was injured, why on earth has Wiggins been dropped for the worst performer this season

Some might say that's harsh because he has not played much, but when he has played he has looked so out of his depth
  • Options
    How many pies had watt consumed before he joined us?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Hi @RedChaser.....I was copying a quote from twitter (lots of disappointed comments on there as soon as team was announced), everyone has their own opinion....as for me...I'm prepared to see how they do before making any comments, I just hope that this week they have at least turned up and are interested in playing, no matter who they are!!
    Ah right, me and you are singing from the same hymn sheet then. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A fox, heavily disguised, can look like a wolf. So Morgan plays in the hope that they mistakenly pass to him. Cunning plan.
  • Options
    Wolves are a pretty big, physical side, can only think he has gone Fox over Rhoys for more aerial ability but what do I know.
  • Options
    right so I have to get back into the swing of things for this......new names I'll use will be dimi and velk, as easy to type!!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Apologies for any typos, spelling mistakes.

30 mins til KO......so COYR's - I'm back, so now show us you lot are back as well and at least put up a fight if nothing else!!!
  • Options
    WATT !!!!.. No Wiggins ???
  • Options
    I can't cope with them fans on Twitter

Saying RD has picked that team because ONE network players is in the line up in replace of a Oldham reserve keeper!!! - weird that they forget there is 4 academy players in that team..

Slagging of GL before the game has started.. I really hope that players don't think that is the core of our support it really is embarrassing
  • Options
    Watts up with Tony? He is seen as an impact sub player and not rated to last the 90 with tactical discipline?

Need to see him on from the start and see how he copes.

You would be fuming after an industrious start to be benched for harriott
  • Options
    wolves would have worked on getting crosses into the box and putting pressure on the GK, after last Saturday, when we looked like conceding at every defensive set play. so the new GK is in for a proper test. It will be important that Solly & fox stop the crosses at source in open play and they get support from the players in front of them. Both full backs were left totally exposed last week.
  • Options

I can't cope with them fans on Twitter

Saying RD has picked that team because ONE network players is in the line up in replace of a Oldham reserve keeper!!! - weird that they forget there is 4 academy players in that team..

Slagging of GL before the game has started.. I really hope that players don't think that is the core of our support it really is embarrassing

Think people are saying that because BP has basically said that, same as Powell
    Luzon will listen to RD and will pick who RD says IMO
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!