Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The age of our team

With the two new arrivals making their first appearance plus Jackson and Wiggins not playing, it occurred to me that must have been one of the youngest Charlton teams in a long time. Only Ben Haim and Bikey over 25.

Lot of fans unhappy with the poor run etc. but there is something going for this approach... As long as we win next Saturday!

For sure some are calling for championship experience to be signed, I.e. older players, but that hasn't happened so far, has it?

Comments

• Options
    Good that Fox came back and had a decent game (by all accounts). Lot of dissension on the site about him. I don't think he'll go onto play at a higher level, but I would like to give him a few more games before I make my mind up.

I think Harriott is a lucky boy that BP got the boot. After his red against Cardiff I thought his days with us were numbered.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

With the two new arrivals making their first appearance plus Jackson and Wiggins not playing, it occurred to me that must have been one of the youngest Charlton teams in a long time. Only Ben Haim and Bikey over 25.

Lot of fans unhappy with the poor run etc. but there is something going for this approach... As long as we win next Saturday!

For sure some are calling for championship experience to be signed, I.e. older players, but that hasn't happened so far, has it?

But what's it working towards? Dmitrovic and Etheridge are stop-gap players for Henderson, Fox is cover, Veljkovic is only on loan, Buyens is on loan (and 26), Johann on a two year deal will probably be off next season, Harriott is in and out of the squad with his form. Add to that the fact Wilson, Wiggins and Church are all over 25 it's not like we have a constant cohesive young squad that will grow together. We'll ship network players in and out and never have a really cohesive line-up so the youth of the team doesn't really mean much with that in mind. There's little in the way of consistency or a playing philosophy so I'd rather have some experienced players who know what they're doing and how to grind out survival in this league
  • Options

But what's it working towards? Dmitrovic and Etheridge are stop-gap players for Henderson, Fox is cover, Veljkovic is only on loan, Buyens is on loan (and 26), Johann on a two year deal will probably be off next season, Harriott is in and out of the squad with his form. Add to that the fact Wilson, Wiggins and Church are all over 25 it's not like we have a constant cohesive young squad that will grow together. We'll ship network players in and out and never have a really cohesive line-up so the youth of the team doesn't really mean much with that in mind. There's little in the way of consistency or a playing philosophy so I'd rather have some experienced players who know what they're doing and how to grind out survival in this league
    Cheery
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Cheery
    Mangina