Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

away matches where we've taken 5,000 or more

other than the old london derbies where you couldn't tell what the actual numbers were, i was trying to think how many times we've 'officially' taken 5,000 or more to an away match...ones that spring to mind are: wolves away in the cup, ipswich away in the cup, operation riverside, wimbledon the year we went down when we had both the alfasleep stand and the sainsbury end and the palace we'll never play you again game...

any others ?

Comments

• Options
    Man Utd in the Cup.

Bristol City in the Cup - how many did we have then? 6K
  • Options
    Man utd in the cup (quarters) '94'
  • Options
    palace promotion season.
  • Options
    Wimbledon away in 99
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Wimbledon away in 99

i went to that. 25 members of sausage family all in a row!
  • Options
    Forest away in our promotion year? Was there 5000 there?
  • Options
    Bolton away in the FA Cup quarters a few years back?
  • Options
    forgot about old trafford and bristol city...palace promotion season was the 'we'll never play you again' game mentioned and wimbledon 99 was the relegation season i thought when we had 12k (?) along the side and behind the goal, wasn't it ?....correct me if i'm wrong...
  • Options
    Liverpool in the FA Cup must have been close to 5,000
    Feb 96?
  • Options
    Full Members cup final - ironically against Rovers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]forgot about old trafford and bristol city...palace promotion season was the 'we'll never play you again' game mentioned and wimbledon 99 was the relegation season i thought when we had 12k (?) along the side and behind the goal, wasn't it ?....correct me if i'm wrong...

Yeah we had the whole Arthur Waite and the Sainsbury's end at that Wimbledon game
  • Options
    I was going to say, almost every week we played at that shit hole in Surrey. But I'm suure we didn't even manage that in the early days.
  • Options
    Forest was 4.5k I think.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Liverpool in the FA Cup must have been close to 5,000
    Feb 96?[/quote]

On a wednesday night league cup game, 85 the previous Saturday at Grimsby
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]...ones that spring to mind are: wolves away in the cup, ipswich away in the cup...

any others ?

Incredibly, for the Ipswich and Wolves cup matches you could just turn up on the day and pay at the gate. The away end at Ipswich was heaving by 2pm and the slighest little movement meant there was a huge terrace surge. There was pandemonium when a cry of 'Millllwallll' went up. Lots of boots and fists flying about and I ended up being taken on a tide from the back of the stand right down to the front. I'm amazed there were no serious injuries.
  • Options
    30,000 at Wembley for the play-off final...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Full Members cup final - ironically against Rovers!

Still not forgiven them for that, a good result on Saturday might help :)
  • Options
    edited April 2007
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]...ones that spring to mind are: wolves away in the cup, ipswich away in the cup...

any others ?

Incredibly, for the Ipswich and Wolves cup matches you could just turn up on the day and pay at the gate. The away end at Ipswich was heaving by 2pm and the slighest little movement meant there was a huge terrace surge. There was pandemonium when a cry of 'Millllwallll' went up. Lots of boots and fists flying about and I ended up being taken on a tide from the back of the stand right down to the front. I'm amazed there were no serious injuries.

Great charlton attendance at both of them. Maybe I'm getting the Wolves games mixed up but was that the one where we lost 3-0 and one of their subs scored all 3 goals?