Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayor of Greenwich Bike Ride 29th April 2007

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
I'm taking part in the Major of Greenwich's Bike Ride on the 29th April 2007

Its a 10 mile ride from Greenwich to Thamesmead and all proceeds go to Demelza House Hospice for Children and Greenwich MIND

I haven't got long to gain sponsorship, so will be bringing my sponsor form to blackburn with me, to try and catch a few of you, unfortunaly I can't do the just giving sponsorship as I believe it has to be sent in direct. then I have till 31st May to collect funds (ie spurs game is ideal for those that can't/won't pay up front!!)

So if you see me waving a form please come and sponsor me! every little bit counts! :-)

Thanks

Suz
x

Comments

• Options
    Of course, bit of advice though, wear sunglasses when your riding along that route, it's a nightmare for gravel and dust.
  • Options
    he should hold it the day before and do a bike rise to ewood park...it'll be like the old days when charlton fans used to walk to an away game...
  • Options
    Actually I might do this as well
  • Options
    entry closed on friday, but i'm sure they won't turn people down! its only a fiver to enter, me and ernie are doing it, and we haven't paid yet, just emailed our form in.

ltgtr...how about we organise that one for next year when we play blackburn. charlton life cycle to blackburn??? any takers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

ltgtr...how about we organise that one for next year when we play blackburn. charlton life cycle to blackburn??? any takers

Oh no Sooze what have you gone and done now....
  • Options
    I'll drop em a line.

Fancy doing this? http://www.londonbikeathon.co.uk
  • Options
    can't that weekend, ernie's hen do.

however, I am going to do 14 bridges ride next may. oh also london to windsor in september i think
  • Options
    oooo, interested in London to Windsor, where's the details?

and the 14 bridges? where's the stuff on that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

Oh no Sooze what have you gone and done now....

charlton life cycle to blackburn 2007/8 season

1. ltgtr
    2. sooze
    3. rothko
    4. shag

any more?
  • Options
    Ormiston ?? Bet he bottles it !! :-)

I would stupidly love to attempt something like that. And Razil has experience of this.

Looks like we're already planning next season's CL charity plans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cycle to black burn, do you no how long that'll take you loonatics!
  • Options
    Thinking of bike rides and games, would be a good charity thing for a game about 50 miles away I think
  • Options
    reading??
  • Options
    Yeah do able, striaght down the Thames more or less.
  • Options
    Your route details

To: Blackburn Rovers F.C.,Lancashire

Distance: 254.5 miles

Reading ? pah.

If you're gonna do a challenge, GO LARGE !!
  • Options
    Oh bollox , I thought you said Charlton to Blackheath
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2007
    definately up for something like that next season!

Oh and if i see ya suze put me down for a tenner
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Your route details

To: Blackburn Rovers F.C.,Lancashire

Distance: 254.5 miles

Reading ? pah.

If you're gonna do a challenge, GO LARGE !!

Take a week I would reckon, Razil would be the expert. Would be a bastard on the climbs around the Pennies though
  • Options
    yeah, i'm up for reading or any london clubs! :-)

or if we get brighton/southend in the cup i'd do that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would take something more than a game against Blackburn at the end of the ride to get me on that one... lol
    AA routefinder has it at 252 Miles 5 days would be ok, not sure if you would need to do the pennines, although the problem is if you avoid big roads and towns you then tend to get more hills etc
  • Options
    re: Reading & Blackburn rather than Ipswich or Watford .... nice to see the subconcious optimism that we'll be in the premier league next season :-)
  • Options
    not only that but Ipswich and Watford would be extremely dull bike rides... now Bristol, Swindon, plymouth might be nice - tempting fate..
  • Options
    PS Torquay fans recently sang 'you dirty northern b******ds' to Swindon!

I suppose Plymouth could sing that to Torquay!
  • Options
    Bristol must be a 200 mile odd ride? Plymouth must be pushing 300?
  • Options
    yeah, lovely scenery.. take the train out of Waterloo, and get off once the city is behind you.
  • Options
    Cool, lets do it, 6 or 7 of us over 5 day?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Bristol must be a 200 mile odd ride? Plymouth must be pushing 300?

plymouth is only about 220 230 mile away dood. i drove there a couple of times!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Bristol must be a 200 mile odd ride? Plymouth must be pushing 300?

I'm quite surprised by that but you're right. Valley to Home Park is 221 miles accoring to the AA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

I'm quite surprised by that but you're right. Valley to Home Park is 221 miles accoring to the AA

What's that about getting the train out of London? ;o)