Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Striker Incoming?

2»

Comments

• Options
    2 M for JET, have you been on the magic mushrooms Colin?
  • Options
    Better bloody not get rid of Gomez
  • Options

To be honest, I'm more enthused by the idea of signing Bannan - A target man would still be a very welcome addition, but when our forward options are all small and fast (Igor, Harriott, Watt & KAG) then having a midfielder with vision and passing ability could well help us get more out of them - they need through balls not high balls.

Is that Bannan the Belgian?
    Very good chance of getting him then.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

There will be a new striker, but then everyone is looking for a striker who can make a diff
    Hopefully we get a deal done. But it wont be JET after BCFC turned down our offer of 2 mill plus Church

JET?
    "Jet from Gladiators to host millennium barn dance at Yeovil aerodrome, properly policed, I repeat properly policed, must not turn into an all night rave"

That's the 2nd time I've used that line on this forum now
  • Options
    Something must be on the cards if George has gone. You would have thought!
  • Options

You'd hope so. But this is the same man who sold Yann without a replacement.
  • Options

Exceptional picture. Look at that giant cotton bud!

Yeah, it's the first thing that caught my eye too............. :blush:
  • Options
    Pehaps they think that as Lepoint is good in the air he will play up front?

I hope not.
  • Options

You'd hope so. But this is the same man who sold Yann without a replacement.
    Not quite right - it's actually the same man who replaced Yann with Reza. Which is why I remain much more confident that a striker will soon appear than I am that said striker will amount to anything!
  • Options
    Isn't jet out of contract in the summer ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wake up boys, we've already signed George's replacement he's called Tony Watt!!
  • Options
    You need 4 strikers in the champ.
    1.Igor
    2.Tony

Unless there's good news in the next 3 days with another strikers coming in
    we have a 17 year old in Kag. Church and Harriott who do their best work out wide.
  • Options
    did not want to start another new thread about potentials strikers incoming:

Craig Mackail-Smith told his contract will not be renewed, would have him as a reserve to come off the bench
  • Options

Craig Mackail-Smith told his contract will not be renewed, would have him as a reserve to come off the bench

He had a great season in 2011 or 2012 didn't he? Seems like his goals have dried up a bit since, we should definitely try to sign him up though! Would be a great addition.
  • Options
    I wonder why his contract is being dumped. Just asking.
  • Options
    Not been the same since he broke his leg
  • Options
    My family are all season ticket holders at Brighton and are not disappointed to see CMS leave. Very injury prone and is a very selfish player without much end product. Spent a lot of time on the bench this season in a side that has lacked goals. When he has started he has only hit the target once or twice, not exactly prolific. Would have taken him three seasons ago but fear his best days are behind now in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    He's quite clinical to be fair
  • Options
    He is not what we are looking for if we want to progress. There will be better options out there.
  • Options
    I dont think he would weaken the squad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Though he looked an absolute class above when we played Brighton in our first season back in the championship but injuries have taken their toll. In his prime I'd have happily taken him but not what we need now unfortunately.
  • Options
    He'll go back to Peterborough
  • Options
    Everyone has been going on about getting a striker who is big, strong, and can head the ball.

Not sure how Mackail-Smith fits the criteria.

And he's not exactly young, either.
  • Options

no thanks .. always overrated .. now overrated and past it
  • Options
    If they go down today I fancy that Delort at Wigan:)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I wonder if now JG has gone we'll use the money to sign a decent hold up striker, among others namely some central defenders?
  • Options

I wonder if now JG has gone we'll use the money to sign a decent hold up striker, among others namely some central defenders?

that's assuming luzon gets given any of the dosh!
  • Options

that's assuming luzon gets given any of the dosh!
    </blockquote

I think you are right. We will probably start the season with the squad as is. Break even is the goal. I think shedding the players we have already plus the fees for JG and JBG when he's sold will achieve that. Job done.

If Luzon is any use at all he should be able to push on with what he has. I refuse to be bullied into thinking negatively.