Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BLACKBURN BOOKINGS TO CLOSE 3PM WEDNESDAY. SO FAR ....

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
5,100 sold. Good or Bad ? I reckon bad. I was hoping for at least 6,000. With free travel I'm amazed that more fans can't make just one effort this season and get to an away game. I dispair sometimes I really do. I mean £15, hardly a fortune is it. I understand many fans don't attend away games for various reasons, fair do's, but surely when a massive turnout is needed an exception can be made.

Comments

• Options
    Tavern has yet to buy his 4. so thats 5,104
  • Options
    I think ltgtr could have done more....
  • Options
    Considering we haven't sold out London away games this season I think you are being a bit over the top.

5000 is plenty IMHO -

I am not going as there is no train simple as and no I can't make an exception - i refuse to go by coach or drive end of and can't afford the plane as my son would want to go as well you are looking at close on a £200 day out.
  • Options
    i think it's shocking as well, as you say, £15 to sit on a coach and be at the game, no effort involved whatsoever... yes the coach is a bitch but at the end of the day, you have books, magazines, ipods, people around you, computer games, puzzles - whatever, it's hardly a prison for one day is it? in fact, it can be quite a laugh and some good banter too.

i'm not slating fans with legitimate excuses and work and family commitments etc. but if the "can't be arsed crew" get their way then one day our board will turn around and say the same

2,400 left? that's a hell of a lot to go, hopefully we can get over 6,000 or i think it will be a real disappointment
  • Options
    and if things look bad by the last day of the season, how many fans who couldn't bring themselves to sit on free travel for a day will be fighting to get to anfield for a big swansong in the premiership or moaning about championship football next season? it's not on.
  • Options
    make you right there.
  • Options
    I agree with you mate, and I would have gone myself and really want to go but I'm tied with work now. Money wasn't looking great when they went on sale but I'm now starting to regret putting myself on the roster for work.

The coaches are normally a grin and although most of us would rather not do it I'm sure all of us would rather have Prem football next year and by going and 'enduring' a few hours on the coach could well influence whether we do or not.

I've done a few aways this year and have been on some arsehole journeys on other occasions to watch us get beat. If we win though the journey back is always endurable and more often than not a laugh
  • Options
    if i don't get a ticket for liverpool, then i will kick right off.

had the train and accomodation booked since february.
  • Options
    Sooz

If we lose to Blackburn and Tottenham, then you can borrow my Valley Gold - however if we are still in with a chance then I will be using it.

Hope this helps :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    grr. haven't you got a dress to wear that weekend with danny on a stag do?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MCSMCS
    edited April 2007
    lol 1905
  • Options
    I second what 1905 said about VG Suze.

That means you and les could go - and then talk about how i'm loud on here and quiet in "real life"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I agree with you mate, and I would have gone myself and really want to go but I'm tied with work now. Money wasn't looking great when they went on sale but I'm now starting to regret putting myself on the roster for work.

The coaches are normally a grin and although most of us would rather not do it I'm sure all of us would rather have Prem football next year and by going and 'enduring' a few hours on the coach could well influence whether we do or not.

I've done a few aways this year and have been on some arsehole journeys on other occasions to watch us get beat. If we win though the journey back is always endurable and more often than not a laugh

You could always have the flu on Saturday ;)
  • Options
    our away support is chaff ...FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I second what 1905 said about VG Suze.

That means you and les could go - and then talk about how i'm loud on here and quiet in "real life"

thanks for your offers, but we will win the next two games, so you valley golders will use up mine and les' tickets and we won't be able to say you're quiet in real life because we won't be at the game!!! :-)
  • Options
    I am sure Henry will be arranging a scheme whereby those who have been to two of the last three away games will get priority. And no doubt tickets will be made available this week.
  • Options
    Perhaps people are worried about spending a lot of time and money to be stuck behind a drunken, abusive person standing in front of them meaning that they can't see the game.

*Ducks, takes cover and watches carnage about to start*
  • Options
    'tis the reason why MrsLarge isn't going but I doubt that this would have been a consideration for many.
  • Options
    "a lot of time and money"

time fair play, but money? is £15 really a lot of money?

out of interest, how many incidents of that nature were there at the riverside last season, the only comparable game to this in terms of support in recent years
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I second what 1905 said about VG Suze.

thanks for your offers, but we will win the next two games, so you valley golders will use up mine and les' tickets and we won't be able to say you're quiet in real life because we won't be at the game!!! :-)

sod em. i know of at least 2 liverpool season tickets we can use.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got mine. Was being slack as usual but the deadline of tomorrow forced me, and a few others I'd guess, to pick up the phone.
    I predict a late surge will see us stagger over the 6,000 mark.

Does anyone know if they'll be flogging the t-shirts on Sat am?
    Went to buy one on-line but paying £5 p&p for a £4.99 t-shirt didn't seem to make too much sense...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]"a lot of time and money"

time fair play, but money? is £15 really a lot of money?

out of interest, how many incidents of that nature were there at the riverside last season, the only comparable game to this in terms of support in recent years

£15 is a lot of money for some especially if a family is considering going.

I went to to the Riverside (drove up) and other than the result had no problems.

I'm not going this time for family reasons. We have a seriously ill relative and it is too long to be away end of.

My post above was meant to be mischievous in the light of other recent debates on here but in all seriousness there could well be some people worried about a "loutish" (for want of a better word) element.
  • Options
    sorry moving my gear out of my flat on sat for the new people to move in.. so won't be in attendance.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone, even where money is tight, can call £15 a lot of money in 2007.

It includes travel and admission to a Premiership football match, ie a whole day out.

Where else are you going to get that for £15?
  • Options
    i got the humour side len don't worry and i'm sympathetic for your situation - you obviously weren't caught up in the non-attending fan i referred to earlier

at the end of the day, i just think that whether the coach is crap, recent performances haven't been top notch, there is a potential for a bit of banter etc. aren't good enough reasons to miss out on the most important game in our history since the play off final...
  • Options
    I can't see why they are making the cut off at 3.00pm tomorrow unless they intend to hand some back to Blackburn. It seems daft to me otherwise. I realise that they have got to allow for postage for telesales but what about counter sales from the box office? Perhaps somebody will enlighten us.
  • Options
    Perhaps they mean just the travel side of things? ie coach bookings...
  • Options
    it's only the coach and plane bookings that stop, not ticket sales
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Perhaps they mean just the travel side of things? ie coach bookings...

Just checked the club website and that is exactly what they mean. Well that makes more sense from a logistical point of view. Lets hope they continue to sell tickets right to the last minute.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]it's only the coach and plane bookings that stop, not ticket sales

You are right, I hadn't checked the official info and was assuming from the comments on this thread that it was everything stopping from 3.00pm tomorrow.