Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    That is brilliant.
  • Options
    It shows how most people dis-associate meat from animals in todays off-the-shelf world.

Funny though...............
  • Options
    Funny. My wife has followed my daughter in becoming a vegetarian. She said she would only eat meat again if it is killed in a humane way i.e hunted and shot in the wild as they do up in Northern Scandinavia. Seeing as we live in a city and the only wildlife in our vicinity are foxes and rats, i have a feeling she'll be sticking with the Quorn.
  • Options
    I really want a sausage baguette now...
  • Options

Funny. My wife has followed my daughter in becoming a vegetarian. She said she would only eat meat again if it is killed in a humane way i.e hunted and shot in the wild as they do up in Northern Scandinavia. Seeing as we live in a city and the only wildlife in our vicinity are foxes and rats, i have a feeling she'll be sticking with the Quorn.

Yes of course - hunting a petrified animal and then putting some lead in its head is humane!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Yes of course - hunting a petrified animal and then putting some lead in its head is humane!!
    Perhaps we should go back to the stone age and spear it to death. Is that more humane?
  • Options
    edited February 2015

bobmunro said:

Perhaps we should go back to the stone age and spear it to death. Is that more humane?
    Nope - bare hands!

Seriously, looking after the welfare of the animals as they are raised and then dispatching them quickly and in a controlled and regulated way is the humane way of doing it.
  • Options
    I personally think the farm, shock, slice method is relatively humane.

Animal welfare in the food industry is improving so much... it's more what parts of the animal are in my sausage that is my issue these days...

Cartilage and connective tissue are labelled as pork.... But Pork meat relates solely to muscle tissue.

The butcher is a safer bet than the supermarket for what cuts you want in your sausage.
  • Options

Funny. My wife has followed my daughter in becoming a vegetarian. She said she would only eat meat again if it is killed in a humane way i.e hunted and shot in the wild as they do up in Northern Scandinavia.

Seeing as we live in a city and the only wildlife in our vicinity are foxes and rats, i have a feeling she'll be sticking with the Quorn.

I thought you lived around Sheffield, Princey? ......... not so many Foxes, but plenty of Owls and Piggies.

• Options
    Anyone else in love with the girl in the box?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The one taking the sausage?
  • Options
    Interesting video. They should have done it with a cow....or a horse.
  • Options
    Erm...
    Do those people really believe those pigs are being transformed into those sausages?
    Where was this filmed? Stupidland?