Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bilbao

I'm going to a stag do there in June.

I can't see the attraction really but apparently it's a giggle....can anyone confirm or deny?

Comments

• Options
    Some lovely bars in the old town and the Guggenheim is a great museum. If you don't go in you should at least see it from the outside: it is a mental structure.

Best thing about Bilbao would be going to an Athletic game at San Mames - amazing fans and atmosphere.

Learn a couple of words in Basque and the locals will love you.

Expect it to rain in June though!
  • Options
    The Basque thing is interesting - I went up into the Pyrenees from the French side once. Never been to a nightclub like it. Right in the hills and very full on.
  • Options
    I was there about ten years ago and loved it. The saturday night was just wild. Sincé then though, there has been an ongoing crisis in Spain, and the Young just do'nt go out as much as before.
    I envy you though.
  • Options
    A group of us had a three night break there two or three years ago and we had a great time. We took in Athletico Bilbao v Malaga at the San Mamés, together a couple of lower league games and even, somewhat bizarrely, ended up at a Basque wedding reception where I met, amongst others, Celtic Vigo's former goalie. Although our hotel was situated opposite the Guggenheim - as CharltonMadrid says, an amazing structure - I'm rather ashamed to say that I never managed to go in (forgot about Monday closing).

Loads to do in Bilbao and an excellent choice of venue.
  • Options
    Hi,yes its a great place really surprised me i was not expecting so much to see.We were there in Sept,if you dont like spiders heres a pic
  • Options
    What a lovely place - fantastic weekend