Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article: Bothered?

1235»

Comments

• WOW !!!!! Don't believe I've read too many of your posts, Dave but this is THE one !

Words fail me except to say, if this was printed on a flyer , with the heading " Please read & if you are as worried about the future of our Club as the author, come along to the meeting on 18th Feb ..."etc & handed out to everyone at tomorrow night's/Saturday's match , then I believe the O2 should be booked now !
  • Brilliant post @daveaddick I particularly loved Einstein's contribution at the end!
  • edited February 2015
    Excellent post @daveaddick. Amazes me how the Football League don't arm themselves with more power when it comes to ownership. How is someone like Duchatelet allowed to get away with what he's doing? Look at Leeds, they've tried to ban the owner there and he's laughed in their faces. Pathetic support from a governing body.

Is anyone in touch the Leeds supporters trust? Do they have one?
  • Excellent post @daveaddick. Amazes me how the Football League don't arm themselves with more power when it comes to ownership. How is someone like Duchatelet allowed to get away with what he's doing? Look at Leeds, they've tried to ban the owner there and he's laugh din their faces. Pathetic support from a governing body.

They do have one. Not sure if they have many members or how active or influential they are though.
  • Excellent post @daveaddick. Amazes me how the Football League don't arm themselves with more power when it comes to ownership. How is someone like Duchatelet allowed to get away with what he's doing? Look at Leeds, they've tried to ban the owner there and he's laugh din their faces. Pathetic support from a governing body.

They do have one. Not sure if they have many members or how active or influential they are though.
    This has been mentioned on another thread by @PragueAddick . 3000 members i recall. I am with Red Robin on football authorities neglectfulness (post on previous page). They could/should be the third party with enough power to intervene where ownership networks are not wanted by fans.

This has been mentioned on another thread by @PragueAddick . 3000 members i recall. I am with Red Robin on football authorities neglectfulness (post on previous page). They could/should be the third party with enough power to intervene where ownership networks are not wanted by fans.
    It is the biggest Trust in the Championship and much bigger than 3,000. However there is some controversy about it, the details of which i forget . I will ask Supporters Direct about Leeds this week, we are talking with them about the meeting and possibly outcomes.

I really would hesitate to put RD in anywhere near the same bracket as Cellino though. Cellino is a convicted criminal. RD doesn't even seem to engage in tax avoidance strategies that some people in that thread tell me are perfectly ok :-)
  • Superb post Daveaddick
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 superb posts from daveaddick & Grapevine.
  • Yep that's it in a nutshell albeit a rather humongous one
  • edited February 2015
  • Brilliant post @daveaddick I particularly loved Einstein's contribution at the end!

It.might need the odd piece of punctuation - lol
  • I need to get off the train next stop so can't enjoy the Chronicles of Grapevine
  • There must be a logic somewhere in Roland's mind, that is what is so disturbing. Is Roland's problem that he mainly deals with machines. Is he oblivious to the impact of instability and insecurity on the team, whoever is the manager and of course the fans. It's almost as if he sees players as machines that operate to a pre-determined programme regardless of where they are operating or who is pushing the buttons. Does he see fans as people who will turn up and watch robots perform as long as they are wearing the right colours. He seems to have eliminated emotion from his thought processes.

Anyone now who is not bothered will probably fit Roland's assessment.
  • Not read any of the comments but in reply to the title...

Bothered? Yes I am. Seeing my club go on like this is breaking my bloody heart.
  • edited February 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015

Not read any of the comments but in reply to the title...

Bothered? Yes I am. Seeing my club go on like this is breaking my bloody heart.

You won't agree with it but do yourself a favour and read a brilliantly written opening post. Can't speak for anyone else but it still represents my view.