Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Albums of ....... 1969

2»

Comments

• Options
    It suddenly crossed my mind that you lot would love this show on Prague's Radio 1. The DJ has become a good mate, it is a real connoisseur (anorak) show. It's staggering to think that Tomas, in his 50s, has this collection of music that he could not possibly freely access at the time it came out because it was all banned. You can check the playlist from previous weeks to get an idea of what he plays. Available on the net, runs 10.00-to midday on Saturday mornings. The whole show is completely unlike anything else Radio 1 airs, but that is part of the magic of Radio 1. He speaks mainly in Czech of course, but speaks excellent English which he will use if you contact him during the show from abroad.

Oh and his full time job is marketing modern sports pitches. I tried to get him a lead to the Valley re-fit but was too late.
  • Options
    I can't believe that no one has ever mentioned the Bonzo Did Doo Dah Band - Tadpoles released in 69 but a very underrated band. Listen to 9 to 5 pollution blues as a great example.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I can't believe that no one has ever mentioned the Bonzo Did Doo Dah Band - Tadpoles released in 69 but a very underrated band. Listen to 9 to 5 pollution blues as a great example.

Yeah, beats me that too