Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Football Club in Turmoil

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-leyton-orient-in-turmoil-10043908.html

We are not the only london club having issues with new owners if the above report is to be correct.

Comments

• Options
    TS, namely Adrian Durham this week has said every day that an Orient player is on £20k plus.. Incredible
  • Options
    I recall Barry Hearn banging on about how he'd done his homework and was 100% he had sold the club to someone who would take it forward onto greater things.

Still, I'm sure he lined his pockets well...............
  • Options
    Someone should let them know that they aren't alone. Nice to know we aren't the only club in a state like this
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Someone should let them know that they aren't alone. Nice to know we aren't the only club in a state like this

Why would you want to drag other clubs down too? It's a shame that any football club would have issues with owners. It's the game and the fans that make it special.
  • Options
    Let me rephrase. It's nice to know that other people know how Charlton supporters are feeling. I don't wish this upon any club and it's supporters, but it's a reassuring feeling that other people too know the pain. If there are two clubs with the same problems then perhaps the supporters should unite
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2015

I recall Barry Hearn banging on about how he'd done his homework and was 100% he had sold the club to someone who would take it forward onto greater things.

Still, I'm sure he lined his pockets well...............

Barry Hearn knew that with WHU and the Olympic Stadium down the road that Orient's goose was cooked. He got out. Given the situation, it is surprising that he was able to sell. Orient is a decent club and it is a shame that have been completely stuffed by the footballing and political authorities.

Charlton's situation is geographically better and has more of Kent still to market the club. The WHU will be able to eat into Charlton's support though, particularly if the team ends up as a Crewe Alexandra of the South in Division One and Two. The club is also in better shape with a bit of astute investment to take a run at the Premiership, similar to Southampton, and Bournemouth. Brrentford are also in the shadow of Chelsea to a certain degree and show that a team can be competitive in the shadow of a big neighbour.
  • Options
    Does that mean we can have Steve Davis back?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Does that mean we can have Steve Davis back?

Once an Addick always an Addick :wink:
  • Options
    Orient last minute winner!!!