Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

turning 40

So the time has come when I can no longer hide behind the joys of youth

I am going to officially be old enough to know better

Need to consider my life choices a lot better but the one thing that's driving me mad is

What the fuck shall I do to mark it

Me and the good lady will be going away for a few days without the kids somewhere nice and hot, but I won't be doing that until probably may a full 3 months after the event

I have 3 days spare in two weeks time and I want to spoil her and me for a couple of those days

I have thought about hiring an Aston and heading to a fine country estate with great food, great walks and plenty of ways to wind away the time

So here's my question can anyone recommend something to do, not fussed about price tbh as long as it aint ridiculous

It has to be in the UK, has to be something that we won't forget, I don't want bungee and shit like that just pure luxurious indulgent relaxing

Any ideas for me to look into post on here

Anyone know anyone who rents Astons or similar that they want to recommend I'd rather chuck money within the cafc circles

Comments

• Options
    Spend a couple of nights in a top hotel on Park Lane (eg Intercontinental)..visit some great restaurants (eg Theo Randalls in Interconti), theatre and shopping.

I can assure you NLA, my wife loved that.
  • Options
    Get your arse down Charlton.
  • Options
    Get me a ticket for millwank away barnsey that's the only game I am going to this season
  • Options
    Take her up The Oxo Tower.
  • Options
    We done the savoy last yr for our twentieth yr together

What restaurant do you advise other than theo
  • Options
    Tried that got slap cheek
  • Options

What restaurant do you advise other than theo

Go to Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden, get a table in the conservatory, it's the most romantic restaurant in Central London ..and top class food.
  • Options
    Turned 40 in September, it made me be all introspective and evaluate my life. With three kids and more responsibility in both my jobs I thought I should make sure that my interactions reflected my life experience. That I become "adult" at last......then I got drunk and thought bollocks 39 years of being a prat haven't been too bad.

• Options
    Good luck pal, remember though it's your birthday, not your missus, so make sure the itinery is what you want.

If you fancy the country retreat, how about a bit of shooting, or something like that ?
  • Options
    The Ivy (I'm told it's very good & decent value for money).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good shout smudge, a bit of shooting, and gentry type activities, liking that A lot
  • Options
    Check this website out.......
    http://www.seescotlanddifferently.co.uk/special-experiences/special-places-to-stay/
    http://www.seescotlanddifferently.co.uk/special-experiences/classic-sports-prestige-car-touring/
    Personally I would have the 'e' type..... James Bond combo with a stay at Loch Linhe.....
    They can also 'bespoke' special events.......
    Mention Charlton....... and a certain person on this very website, will I am sure sort something out for you......
    looks great fun and very stylish......
  • Options
    Is there a protest march in London that your colleagues can get you on to have the opportunity to use the baton and shield properly?

Or you could always plant some gear on Holloway - that should be a giggle.

:smiley:
  • Options
    It's the reason I need a break mate, we have been practicing on students for months now, kettling, beating, covering tracks

Mentally exhausted

Ken that's the sort of stuff I knew that this place would come up with brilliant mate ta
  • Options
    Refuse to acknowledge joining the '40 something club'. Just see it as being another year older. Failing that, have a mid life crisis and go missing somewhere far away, make the excuse that you're trying to find yourself.
  • Options
    We have always fancied Burgh Island, but it is very expensive...
  • Options
    An alternative idea would be to go up to Gleneagles in Scotland. Lovely hotel with a great restaurant, spa and an outdoor activities centre that does shooting, off road driving, segways, falconry and lots more. A bit pricey but fly up and hire a car. Obviously, a great golf course too, if you're into golf.
  • Options

What restaurant do you advise other than theo</blockquote

Went to Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester last week. Not cheap but was the nuts.

• Options
    enjoy the 40th mate, I turned 40 last September and as a result I have a new baby due in a few months....that's really gonna help me recapture my youth !

(still I guess we need all the fans we can muster at the moment!)
  • Options
    Ketamine
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't grow old mate its over rated. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    If you're really close to your missus, then can recommend this, but no good if you've had a barney...

http://www.amazingvenues.co.uk/venue/spitbank-fort/
  • Options

Take her up The Oxo Tower.</blockquote

Don't be filthy

• Options

Take her up The Oxo Tower.

I'm shocked! It's all in your mind Fanny!!!
  • Options
    My wife took me up the shard for my birthday.

Timed ticket is an interesting concept.
  • Options
    I think the goodwood hotel do classic car hire and room packages. Plenty of things to do on the circuit, various driving experiences and also passenger flights in old planes. Lovely part of the world too.
  • Options
    Cheltenham mate, it's quality.
  • Options
    Sell your soul to the devil.......buy yourself a spanners season ticket.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Really don't get all this birthday celebratory tosh!! You're a year older, a year closer to the inevitable - what's there to celebrate? And where on earth did these 'milestone' birthdays even come from? It's just unnecessary showing off in my book! Birthday shmirthday!!!!

However, if you do have a 'dying' urge to let what's left of your hair down, how about a visit to the Arsenal museum and then a bit of corporate matchday hospitality at The Emirates. Given your geographic location it will be perfect for you. Why not make it a double celebration and take goonerhater with you prior to his relocation to the land of the spitfire and hurricane. Who knows, maybe that sea air will have a positive effect on his mindset and he will end up declaring his subliminal affection for the North London nomads!