Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vikings

Any one else been watching this excellent tv series?
Season 3 episode 1 airs tonight.

Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQm9torR1K8

Comments

• Options

Any one else been watching this excellent tv series?
    Season 3 episode 1 airs tonight.

Can't wait.

It is on Amazon Prime so I have watched both series 1&2 - excellent series.
  • Options
    Really like it too. Is it on Amazon Prime straight away Kap?
  • Options
    Hmm. Glad I stumbled across this thread, may have to give it a go. Like this stuff. I read the Uhtred chronicles by Bernard Cornwell, very good books. Apparently the BBC might be producing a TV version. I saw a snippet in some paper a while back saying it was their answer to game of thrones. Lazy journalism because the books are nothing like game of thrones. It's not fantasy and was set in a historical period. King Alfred's time.

Also Cornwell points out that the term Viking actually means the act of ransacking and pillaging another village/town. The Vikings were not a group of people like they are often referred to. To go Viking is more appropriate
  • Options
    season 2 has not been on uk tv. It,s returning march 2015 it will be on the history channel.
  • Options
    it might be on Zate.tv
  • Options

season 2 has not been on uk tv. It,s returning march 2015 it will be on the history channel.

Seriously? they're putting a fictional drama on the history channel?

The BBC will be moving eastenders to news 24 channel next............
  • Options

Free on Amazon Prime. Well free as long as you pay around £75 pa for it or get it free for one year (as we did).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    cabbles said:

Hmm. Glad I stumbled across this thread, may have to give it a go. Like this stuff. I read the Uhtred chronicles by Bernard Cornwell, very good books. Apparently the BBC might be producing a TV version. I saw a snippet in some paper a while back saying it was their answer to game of thrones. Lazy journalism because the books are nothing like game of thrones. It's not fantasy and was set in a historical period. King Alfred's time.

Also Cornwell points out that the term Viking actually means the act of ransacking and pillaging another village/town. The Vikings were not a group of people like they are often referred to. To go Viking is more appropriate

These are cracking books and would be ideal for a TV dramatization. I can see the parallels with Game of Thrones, true there are no Dragons and less bare boobs, but it is about men in armour and political moves for power, it just happens to be based on real events though. Have you read the latest one?

The battle scenes will be expensive to film though which I know is something GoT has got around by cutting them out pretty much completely, but Uhtred's prowess in battle is kind of central to his character so it'd be hard to skirt over them completely.

• Options

cabbles said:

These are cracking books and would be ideal for a TV dramatization. I can see the parallels with Game of Thrones, true there are no Dragons and less bare boobs, but it is about men in armour and political moves for power, it just happens to be based on real events though. Have you read the latest one?

The battle scenes will be expensive to film though which I know is something GoT has got around by cutting them out pretty much completely, but Uhtred's prowess in battle is kind of central to his character so it'd be hard to skirt over them completely.

I think i've spotted the flaw.

• Options

Really like it too. Is it on Amazon Prime straight away Kap?

I watched about 7 months ago so should bw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's free to stream on rainiertamayo.com quality website
  • Options

cabbles said:

Exactly. There's no way in the world they couldn't involve the battles, there's 2 big battles per book I reckon. I'm up to date mate. Didn't think he was gonna push another book out until it ended the way it did. I thought it would end with Babbenburg.
  • Options
    Watched both previous series, kind of hooked on theme track too. Been waiting for series 3. The sacrifice storyline was obvious but gripping last time out.
  • Options
    Looks like it's getting bigger and better. Much bigger budget per episode.
    Some great casting.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I've read Cornwall's books as well. Excellent. The only one I've yet to read is the latest Uhtred book - not out in the States yet.
  • Options
    Rob said:

cabbles said:

I've read Cornwall's books as well. Excellent. The only one I've yet to read is the latest Uhtred book - not out in the States yet.
    Glad you said that mate. I almost carried on with what happened in the final book on the post above. I only had it on kindle otherwise I could've sent it over. Do you have a kindle?
  • Options
    Just watched first one, looks nicely set up for another series of backstabbing and gore.
  • Options

It's free to stream on rainiertamayo.com quality website

I personally use popcorn time. Series 1-3 on there........
  • Options
    Superb third episode.