Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parma

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I think it is mate.

Lega Pro, which is the old Serie C, has 3 divisions by location. Serie D has 9 divisions.

Therefore there are a lot more teams than the English system (league one and two consists of 52 teams....serie c and d have over 200) and so the attendances and quality isn't as good.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

dizzee said:

MrLargo said:

Likely to be starting next season in the 4th tier: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33224457

Don't know much about Italian football, but I believe Serie D has more in common with the Conference North and South than it does with League 2. Fiorentina came back quite quickly from a similar situation around a decade ago.

Their Serie D is of similar standard to our League 2. It is full of Italian players trying to reach serie A a bit like league 2 is full of English players trying to reach the prem. why do us English underestimate foreign leagues. It's ignorant.
    Sorry, I stand corrected. From what I read I got the impression that it was an amateur league divided regionally and mostly (but not entirely) populated by clubs whose gates are in the hundreds rather than the thousands.
    -
    If you meant the structure then I don't know. If you meant the standard then I do believe that League 2 is absolutely awful. Hoof ball played by untechnical players. I bet the fourth tier in Brazil is superior to our League 1.
  • Options
    Yes, some of Parma's football is ham-fisted to say the least.
    They just dont have the resources to bring home the bacon.
    Most of their fans are radio hams and turn up to games completely hammered.
    I'm not convinced their problems can be cured easily.
  • Options

That took the bacon.
  • Options

Stop telling porkies
  • Options
    Frankly descending into cheap puns is just pathetic.
    Why do you guys have to do this.
    It was a crackling thread until now.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

MrLargo said:

dizzee said:

MrLargo said:

Likely to be starting next season in the 4th tier: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33224457

Don't know much about Italian football, but I believe Serie D has more in common with the Conference North and South than it does with League 2. Fiorentina came back quite quickly from a similar situation around a decade ago.

Their Serie D is of similar standard to our League 2. It is full of Italian players trying to reach serie A a bit like league 2 is full of English players trying to reach the prem. why do us English underestimate foreign leagues. It's ignorant.
    Sorry, I stand corrected. From what I read I got the impression that it was an amateur league divided regionally and mostly (but not entirely) populated by clubs whose gates are in the hundreds rather than the thousands.
    -
    If you meant the structure then I don't know. If you meant the standard then I do believe that League 2 is absolutely awful. Hoof ball played by untechnical players. I bet the fourth tier in Brazil is superior to our League 1.
    The strength of English football is absolutely incredible in terms of support, I went to a Dulwich Hamlet game at the end of the season (tier 7) that had an attendance of over a thousand.

In terms of quality of the leagues - how on earth would you quantify/compare ?
  • Options
    it is pathetic as you say and poinkless.
  • Options

Who gave you the right to hog the thread?
  • Options

Who gave you the right to hog the thread?
    Boar off will you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we we we we we we we are all being a bit childish here and need to cur(ly)tail the puns.

• Options
    Oh dear, all the usual puns are being trottered out now arent they?
  • Options
    you're coming across as irashernal.
  • Options
    You're all making a pig's ear of this thread...
  • Options
    that is bang snout of order Fiiish.
  • Options
    Let's all just hope Parma can g rind out a result or two this season.
  • Options
    This thread has me like...