Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays 2015....

The last proper holiday I had was many seasons ago (see photo) in Fuerteventura, a very good friend of mine has booked me a week in Lanzarote for my birthday in April. Looking forward to it, just wandering if anyone has been to the Lanzarote Paradise Club hotel before ?
Any tips on, well, basically, anything, would be appreciated. Going out in mid-April.
Thanks.

Comments

• Looking good Mog. Maybe smile.
  • What's a holiday?
  • I got back from Lanzarote on friday and it was great. Puerto Del Carmen is a great place to visit with nice beaches, a strip with great nightlife and a decent amount of shops and a markets on specific days for your fake rolex's ;) Visiting the volcanoes was alright. I recommend go-karting in puerto del carmen, they have the biggest track in Europe and it's good fun. If you can rent a hire car do-so, it's cheap and a short trip to Puerto Del Carmen from Teguise.
  • Have fun by the way!
  • Do NOT under any circumstances get on a camel - they are evil incarnate.

Things to do in Lanzarote:
    The beaches of Costa de Papagayo near Playa Blanca are the best on the island but nowhere near as good as those on Fuerteventura.
    Visit: the Cactus Garden (it's better than it sounds); the César Manrique Foundation (for your culture); Mirador del Rio (for the views); and El Golfo for the weird green water. The volcano thing is okay but there's only so much black rock you can take.
    Take a ferry back to Fuereventura and point and laugh at the naked Germans.

• Not been to the Paradise Club (sounds more like a brothel than a hotel :wink: ) but went to Playa Blanca about 3 years ago. Lovely resort, smaller than Puerto del Carmen but well worth a visit. Also worth hiring a car and going to the volcanic national park, as well as touring around generally. There is a great viewpoint up in the far north east of the island which has spectacular views of the coastline. Have a great time.
  • As you probably know, MOG, we're Tenerife fans and will be there for our usual week at the end of March

But SO pleased to hear of your forthcoming holiday ! Enjoy every minute !
    xx
  • The last proper holiday I had was many seasons ago (see photo) in Fuerteventura, a very good friend of mine has booked me a week in Lanzarote for my birthday in April. Looking forward to it, just wandering if anyone has been to the Lanzarote Paradise Club hotel before ?
    Any tips on, well, basically, anything, would be appreciated. Going out in mid-April.
    Thanks.

Mutual friend of ours goes every year you,l love it
  • is the Paradise Club run by Leslie Grantham?
  • Who's that Ledge ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyway, for £380 for flights, insurance and self-catering apartment (large enough for 4 people easily) for 7 nights, absolutely superb. Many, many bars, pints at €2, full veggie breakfast €2-50, weather around 75 degrees, nice and cool, apparently its the windy island and a terrific tour round the volcanoes, it was a much enjoyed, and needed, first holiday for 26 years.

Don't think the Lanzarotians (is that a word) have grasped the Vegetarian concept yet.......