Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stupid Selfies

edited February 2015 in Not Sports Related
Think we need a place for these to help the narcissists vent.

Here's a picture of someone using an Acer Selfie Hat.

Comments

• Options
    It's the biggest pile of crap to come out of social media recently. My mrs has taken photos of us both as a 'selfie' at tourist spots, holidays etc. But I can say that I've never physically turned a phone on myself and wanted to take a picture of me. Bizarre
  • Options
    Seems legit....

Trust batman to have the answer.
  • Options
    I don't think the isea of taking a selfie is the problem. It's the need to show it to all and sundry that I find disturbing.

But I am a boring middle aged bloke that was probably not hip, trendy or even great fun when I was half my age.
  • Options

I don't think the isea of taking a selfie is the problem. It's the need to show it to all and sundry that I find disturbing.

But I am a boring middle aged bloke that was probably not hip, trendy or even great fun when I was half my age.

I could be you in a few year's time KHA :wink:

I'm firmly on the non hip, non trendy and non fun train, I just gotta knock up a few more years
  • Options
    I have never and will never take selfies.

Not because I am against them. Purely because I don't want to look at myself as I am f**k ugly!
  • Options
    There's a bird on my Facebook who seems to post at least 10 Selfies a day. If you go on her profile the only photos that are of her that she hasn't taken herself are her wedding photos. So any photos of her either she has taken or she has paid someone to take them. Beyond sad.
  • Options

Course, the next most annoying photo, after the selfie has got to be the ones that people pay a "professional" photographer to take and especially the erotic ones, normally in black and white and with an ostrich feather to cover up with; they, earn yourself an instant delete off my Facebook
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

There's a bird on my Facebook who seems to post at least 10 Selfies a day. If you go on her profile the only photos that are of her that she hasn't taken herself are her wedding photos. So any photos of her either she has taken or she has paid someone to take them. Beyond sad.

Link please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brogib said:

Course, the next most annoying photo, after the selfie has got to be the ones that people pay a "professional" photographer to take and especially the erotic ones, normally in black and white and with an ostrich feather to cover up with; they, earn yourself an instant delete off my Facebook

Not even gonna guess who that was... Assume it's a lifer!
  • Options
    Never taken one, never will. For all the reasons given by previous posters, and added to that, I have friends.
  • Options
    I must admit I have taken a few, my Twitter profile pic is a selfie I believe probably facebook too, my teenage daughter on the other hand takes things a step further, even without Internet privileges she will spend ages putting on make up and doing her hair just to stay in her room and take selfies, her ipod is blooming full of her face at different angles, that I don't get.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Is she fit though?
  • Options
    brogib said:

I wondered why you deleted me, " it was all done it the best possible taste" ;)
  • Options
    My missus is always taking selfies of the two of us. I grin and bear it. It's usually accompanied by wine glasses in hand and silly grins.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Fiiish said:

Is she fit though?
    At first I thought you had quoted Sadiejane's post and said that! :smiley:
  • Options
    Said it before: if you haven't got a friend to take your photo then don't take one at all because nobody else wants to see it.