Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Museum: Open Friday 20th & Saturday 21st - no booking required.

Comments

• Options
    Bookings coming thru at a steady rate.
  • Options
    bump

• Options
    If anyone wants to take me to task re the CP interview in TNT9, this is where you can find me from about 12.15 - planes and trains permitting. I will have Mr W present as a bodyguard, though ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    "Hi Katrien"

"What's that? Lock who in a cupboard when she comes up to the museum?"

"Not sure that's legal, you know. Yes I know you're a lawyer and everything but...."
  • Options
    Bonking required. Oi Oi
  • Options
    Just emailed to try and book my slot - hopefully there are spaces left.
  • Options
    There were places yesterday but no heard tonight.
  • Options

Coming to the Museum on a permanent basis from tomorrow, Phipps & Hurst's FA Cup winners medals from 1947. pic.twitter.com/XQpJsP5kl7

— Mick Everett (@Addickted05) February 27, 2015

And Clive Mendonca's '98 Play-Off winners medal and also his Division One Champions medal from 2000. pic.twitter.com/NVJkIHY7IZ

— Mick Everett (@Addickted05) February 27, 2015
  • Options
    Iv just sent an email so hopefully there's a place for me and the boy he's been asking to go in there since it opened
  • Options
    Wow - that was fantastic. If you have even the slightest interest in Charlton Athletic I would definitely encourage you to go visit.

As a Scottish Adddick my favorite treasure was John Hewie's Scotland shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you to everyone at the museum yesterday me and my son had a walk round and was very well looked after.it is a massive must to support the museum cracking job well done by all involved
  • Options
    Cheers Dan, was that you with the beard?
  • Options
    It was
  • Options
    That was me by the entrance and who gave your lad the medal.

Good to meet you.
  • Options
    That is so touching and just fantastic, Dan.

Make sure you bring him again.
  • Options
    I will no doubt about that he asked yesterday on the way home "when can we go again "
  • Options
    Really excellent, from the main items eg 7-6 football, FA Cup medals and shirts when they really were shirts (cotton with button cuffs) through to quirky ephemera like the police receipts, early issues of VOTV and the bizarre Pardew folder.

Could have easily spent twice as long there.

Very well done to all involved.
  • Options
    Good, stuff Dan.

Weegie, glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Is the museum open this Sat and is booking required?
    Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Also, is it open tomorrow (Friday), please ?
  • Options
    We'll be open tomorrow (Friday) 11.30 to 3.30 and on Saturday 11.00 to 1.00.

No booking required for either.
  • Options
    Another good session at the museum Saturday. A very generous guy turned up and donated a 1944 Wartime Cup Final programme between Charlton and Aston Villa played at Stamford Bridge. Very rare and another priceless item as we preserve more and more of our history for everyone to enjoy.
  • Options
    Henry: I have a box in the loft with something like 5 full Premiership seasons of pristine programmes that I would be willing to donate to the Museum if you wanted them. Maybe decorate a wall with them or create some kind of artistic display with them. No problem if not wanted/needed so just let me know.
  • Options
    Charlton home programmes, I mean, of course.
  • Options
    Thanks to all who came to the museum yesterday and the 44 war cup final program against Villa, the forgotten game, is a great addition.

We now have a near complete set of home programs from 1970 onwards as the archive builds with our earliest dating to 1919.

• Options

Another good session at the museum Saturday. A very generous guy turned up and donated a 1944 Wartime Cup Final programme between Charlton and Aston Villa played at Stamford Bridge. Very rare and another priceless item as we preserve more and more of our history for everyone to enjoy.

Fair play to the fella for that.