Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U11s go free in 2015/16 (In the Family Stand)

edited February 2015 in General Charlton
U11s in the family stand can watch the entire 2015/16 season at The Valley for free, the club have confirmed.

Charlton will reveal the club’s 2015/16 season-ticket prices in full on Saturday, when Huddersfield Town visit SE7 for the club’s annual Football for a Fiver match.

However, in the build-up to the launch, supporters can find out some early information on www.cafc.co.uk on Thursday and Friday.

The first update is good news for parents who bring their children or others who are looking to introduce their youngsters to football for the first time.

All U11s will be able to attend each and every home League fixture for free during the 2015/16 campaign in the club’s Family Stand section.

The offer applies to those who are accompanied by a full paying adult and is a part of the club’s commitment to making sure football is affordable for all age groups from every background.

A season ticket for an U11 in the Family Stand who is not accompanied by an adult will cost just £25.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/u11s-can-go-free-at-the-valley-in-201516-2299127.aspx#3w5vTQLx4KyuCwmj.99

Comments

• Options
    Very good idea that.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    Positive
  • Options
    I think this is a fantastic scheme. Good stuff Charlton!
  • Options
    I'll give it any credit it's due when they announce how much the adult ones are. If they've gone up by £25 or more then it ain't a freebie.

Also it doesn't say "per adult" So if I want to bring both of mine then can info that for free?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I'll give it any credit it's due when they announce how much the adult ones are. If they've gone up by £25 or more then it ain't a freebie.

Also it doesn't say "per adult" So if I want to bring both of mine then can info that for free?

One child free and one child £25.

• Options
    Has to be a good idea surely........... but then again I did support something like this in Dececember!....... Brighton posting........

Sorry to mention the idea about free kids with new/lapsed season ticket holders......
    I would be interested to know the business case for not trying this idea?.
    By the way Kevin Kilbane ex footballer and now pundit proposed this a couple of months ago at a Supporters Direct event, so I cannot claim this as 'my original idea'......

• Options
    The Adult ticket in the Family Stand this season is £250 with U11's at £25. So to make this a saving the adult ticket has got to be less than £275. That is of course if only applies to one free child for one adult which seems unclear at the moment.
  • Options
    Just as my son turns 12 . Bloody typical RD move !

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All very nice, but I'm waiting for the 'People in their 40s' announcement, and it had better be good.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I applaud the club for this, but if there are 300 free U11's in the family stand the cost to the club is £7500. I am all for encouraging the younger generation.
  • Options
    "A season ticket for an U11 in the Family Stand who is not accompanied by an adult will cost just £25"

Do we really let in under 11s without an adult?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

I applaud the club for this, but if there are 300 free U11's in the family stand the cost to the club is £7500. I am all for encouraging the younger generation.

for such a small cost to the club this will generate such good publicity too.
  • Options
    Good idea
  • Options

"A season ticket for an U11 in the Family Stand who is not accompanied by an adult will cost just £25"

I think what that means is say I take my two then one will be free the other will be £25 for the ST. Just as I pointed out it isn't worded very clearly.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

£7500 is nothing when you think about it. Id be more interested to see how much is lost when it comes to non renewal of season tickets.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

All very nice, but I'm waiting for the 'People in their 40s' announcement, and it had better be good.

Sod you youngsters, what about those pushing 60?
  • Options

Uboat said:

Sod you youngsters, what about those pushing 60?
    Did I really write "pushing 60"? God, I am getting old!
  • Options

I should hope so. I was 10 when I started going to The Valley on my own, and that required traveling from New Cross.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

buckshee said:

You may have to chose your favourite and let the other one down gently put the other one back in the cupboard under the stairs.
  • Options
    well done the club
  • Options
    Good move.
  • Options
    Good move. Catch 'em young and hopefully they are for life. It worked with me, my father bought me to the Valley when I was 8 and am still getting my fortnightly dose of joy/misery some 60+ years later
  • Options
    great idea. If we can lower prices further for season tickets accross the board that can only be a good thing
  • Options

great idea. If we can lower prices further for season tickets accross the board that can only be a good thing

That wouldn't be necessary, a large number will be happy to renew at the same price
  • Options

I should hope so. I was 10 when I started going to The Valley on my own, and that required traveling from New Cross.
    Be Honest thou AA you didn't change out of your Millwall kit untill you got within 400 yards of the valley. (:>

• Options
    Uboat said:

£69 season ticket...wait until you see the ad...
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Uboat said:

£69 season ticket...wait until you see the ad...
    'Ticket to Ride'
  • Options

buckshee said:

You may have to chose your favourite and let the other one down gently.
    Yep, leave your favourite at home & take the other poor soul :smile: