Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

parking at the valley

haven't driven to the valley in years, thinking of doing so tomorrow. is it all parking meters these days or are there any free spots ( yeah, unlikely i know ), anyone suggest the best place to park?

thanks

Comments

• Wouldn't do it tomorrow. Everywhere will be doubly busy. Trains are running ok aren't they?
  • I would tell you but i don't want you nicking my space..

Ditto.
  • Yeah I'm just hoping nobody tells you about where I park. Sorry, but it's hard enough as it is.
  • Got a feeling the RBG will be making a few Bob on parking tickets to-morrow.
  • haven't driven to the valley in years, thinking of doing so tomorrow. is it all parking meters these days or are there any free spots ( yeah, unlikely i know ), anyone suggest the best place to park?

thanks

Where will you be coming from, sn ?

We leave from West Dartford circa 12.30 and would be happy to chauffeur you if you can get to us by this time.

( But you'll have to be blindfolded in case you suss out Mr F's "special place " ( don't go there !!)

west london ff but thanks for the offer.

to all you other mf, thanks a bunch, great to know i can count on the cl family, not!
  • but seriously folks, is it all meters?
  • Sponsored links:

Not if you don't mind a 10-15 minutes walk. Loads of parking on streets up beyond the park.

No, mainly residence parking only.

• Park the other side of charlton park and walk down no restrictions
  • Dansk_Red said:

but seriously folks, is it all meters?

No, mainly residence parking only.

cheers.
  • smiffyboy said:

Park the other side of charlton park and walk down no restrictions

nice one smiffyboy
  • I found some close free spaces and I really want to share with CL but I don't want you nicking them :(
  • Ring up the club, tell them your boss at [insert the national newspaper of your choice here] was vastly amused by the shagging stunt, and you've been commissioned to do an in-depth article on the match. They'll give you a nice free parking place in the West Stand, a free seat in a prime position, some refreshments and a programme and team sheet. Sorted.

(Only snag is, you have to stay for the press conference afterwards.)
  • No parking meters but anything within a 5-10 min walk is residents parking or limited to 2 hrs max. Even where there are spaces they can be blocked by dustbins or planks of wood,,,,,,,,,totally illegal but hey, that's what you pay your car tax and petrol tax for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there a time that the 2hr parking restriction is lifted on a game night?
  • Maybe park the car in our goal, might help us.
  • Most lift at 6.30pm so can park there from 4.30pm as max stay is 2hours.
  • Hinton said:

Maybe park the car in our goal, might help us.

Sorry I don't drive a bus!
  • Sorry I meant on an evening game, I guess they extend the parking restrictions until some time after 630pm but I couldn't see it on Greenwich councils website when I looked earlier...
  • Fumbluff said:

Sorry I meant on an evening game, I guess they extend the parking restrictions until some time after 630pm but I couldn't see it on Greenwich councils website when I looked earlier...

No extension Delafield Road area.
  • next season it'll be really easy to park. Charlton will be like a ghost town on match days
  • Don't park behind the West stand it's a devil to get out of there straight after the game :smile:
  • for a serious answer; you can park in the roads just north and west of the station. Not sure what time the parking restrictions are lifted but definitely in time for the game (suspect 6 or 6:30)
  • Fumbluff said:

Sorry I meant on an evening game, I guess they extend the parking restrictions until some time after 630pm but I couldn't see it on Greenwich councils website when I looked earlier...

Markg2004 is correct. Delafield, Elliscombe Road, Wellington Gardens, Sundorne Road etc, restrictions finish at 6.30pm, matchday or not. You'll be fine for next Tuesday.