Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Froch vs Ward 2

Eddie Hearn seems to be setting the stage for Froch vs Ward 2 in Nottingham, now I can't see it getting past all the normal calling out chatter and the failure to deliver,

Eddie wants it at forests ground and states wards inactivity, low interest by the American public in his fights as the main reason,

It must be 18 months maybe more since ward fought, so it makes sense for froch to call him out now as he will be extremely rusty and no where near as fight hardened in stamina

Could Froch beat him if the fight could be made and if he did win would the victory be a hollow one due to wards last 18-24 months lack of fights

Comments

• Options
    It's 9 months now since a 36 / 37 year old Froch fought. Let alone if /when they arrange the fight.

He could easily have lost his reflexes in that time at his age but if not then he would have a chance and no it wouldn't be a hollow victory in my view given Froch's age and lack of activity himself.
  • Options
    It won't happen and if it did Ward would easily win again.
  • Options
    Froch knows he will lose. He even said it himself.
  • Options
    Ward schooled him before and would do it again. He is all wrong for Froch.
  • Options
    Matchroom were only looking at Chavez or Hopkins for Froch next, until the WBA ordered this fight.
    Ward likely to want a warm up fight first, not sure I can see him coming to Nottingham either (that is where the most money is).
    I think if the Chavez fight can be made in Vegas then Froch would drop the title and take that.
  • Options
    You can never tell what's going to happen with boxing on the night, however, if Ward is on his game I think he outclasses Froch again.
  • Options
    Ward's inactivity is due mainly to a long-running dispute with his management contract. now resolved. If (massive if) Ward Froch II happens then the same outcome is almost assured - Ward is a very, very good boxer.

If it did happen it would be in California - there's no way Ward would come to the UK unless there's vast money on offer. But it won't happen - and I can see Froch never fighting again.
  • Options
    Ward would win again on a boring points decision
  • Options
    I think froch will fight against Chavez myself then retire
  • Options
    Go out on a dull, easy, lucrative win. That's what I'd do, tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who would you face morts
  • Options

Matchroom were only looking at Chavez or Hopkins for Froch next, until the WBA ordered this fight.
    Ward likely to want a warm up fight first, not sure I can see him coming to Nottingham either (that is where the most money is).
    I think if the Chavez fight can be made in Vegas then Froch would drop the title and take that.

EFA.
    If he fights again, and i think he will, it will probably be Chavez then retirement.