Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest post £22.9M loss for 2013/14

Comments

• Options
    seems difficult to believe they could have cut their wage bill significantly for 2014-15, therefore transfer embargo should stay in place.
  • Options
    redman said:

seems difficult to believe they could have cut their wage bill significantly for 2014-15, therefore transfer embargo should stay in place.

Yep!
    They would have to sell at least £10m of players this summer to bring their losses down.
    Loss limits shoot back up to £13m next season so maybe they just hold out for another year? Same applies to Blackburn.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Joke of a club, have been trying to buy promotion ever since they got promoted from league 1, but flop every year.
  • Options
    Arent Blackburn due for parachute payment end soon?
  • Options
    It really gets me , that 'someone' is prepared to fund the huge losses at the likes of Forest,Bolton etc.
  • Options

redman said:

Yep!
    They would have to sell at least £10m of players this summer to bring their losses down.
    Loss limits shoot back up to £13m next season so maybe they just hold out for another year? Same applies to Blackburn.
    Perhaps like QPR, the people who loaned them the money will write it off
  • Options
    All that money spent at Bolton, Cardiff, Wigan and Forest and where has it got them exactly? They are championship clubs just like us. The difference is CAFC have just shed almost an entire squad last summer and are not carrying any dead wood or rediculous player contracts. We are perfectly positioned to push on next season.
    What the owner does with that position remains to be seen but I don't think we are that far from a team who can secure 75 points.
    And yes @The_President there are several clubs whose parachute money runs out soon... Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan, Reading all have just one or two years left.
  • Options
    Anyone know if there are point deductions in the Championship for severe FFP breaches? I've seen mentions online but can't find any specific details
  • Options
    fmaddick said:

Anyone know if there are point deductions in the Championship for severe FFP breaches? I've seen mentions online but can't find any specific details</blockquote

No points deductions.

• Options

All that money spent at Bolton, Cardiff, Wigan and Forest and where has it got them exactly? They are championship clubs just like us.

Can't say much for the others but Wigan had a decent run of years in the prem, got to an FA cup final, beat Man City and got into Europe. I'm pretty sure a few of our fans would settle for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

fmaddick said:

Anyone know if there are point deductions in the Championship for severe FFP breaches? I've seen mentions online but can't find any specific details

There were in the initial proposal, but it was rejected. No surprises for guessing the clubs that wouldn't go for it. They can stomach the financial penalties (with parachute or benefactor monies), but know that any 10/15 point penalty will almost certainly kill their season.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

fmaddick said:

There were in the initial proposal, but it was rejected. No surprises for guessing the clubs that wouldn't go for it. They can stomach the financial penalties (with parachute or benefactor monies), but know that any 10/15 point penalty will almost certainly kill their season.
    A point deduction is the only way this will work.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

fmaddick said:

A point deduction is the only way this will work.
    The financial penalties might have worked if the monies raised were shared amongst the clubs who played within the rules. Would have at least levelled the playing field a little. PL put paid to that one!