Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Incredibly tight at the top... does no-one want to win the league this year?

1 Bournemouth 66 +35
2 Derby 66 +29
3 Watford 66 +28
4 Middlesbrough 66 +28
5 Norwich 65 +31

Comments

• Derby 2-0 and concede on the 94th and 96th minute, just crazy
  • We're going to catch them all at this rate!

Only 18 behind with 27 to play for, no trouble. ;-)

;-) We started the day 16 behind 6th place, we're now 14 behind with 30 to play for.
  • fucking livid at derby and shrewsbury for throwing away their leads in injury time. Destroyed my accy #shouldvecashedout

;-) We started the day 16 behind 6th place, we're now 14 behind with 30 to play for.
    Sorry, you're right of course.

30 to play for, not 27!!! WE CAN DO IT
  • 28 really as we never beat Millwall....maybe this time?
  • Huge f*ck up from Derby, could well live to regret those 2 dropped points in 2 months time
  • Derby taken 1 point from last three games, bottling it?
  • You kind of know that whichever teams go up they will do well to survive
  • Sponsored links:

• The league is ours, FACT.
  • The league is ours, FACT.

At least the beer in HK is weak, Stu.
  • Just seen Sakho's sending off for Wolves. No surprises about the Forrestieri hit the deck...but how fat was the referee??? No wonder he was nowhere wear the incident.
  • TBH, the way we are playing at the moment, looking at the fixtures, i can see us winning all 10 remaining games - would give us 78 points - if thats the case, then we are going to be thereabouts - maybe not quite enough, but theres always 1 or 2 teams in the top 6 that have a wobble.
    We can all dream !
  • Never thought I would say this but if only Guy Luzon was hired a few weeks earlier
  • TBH, the way we are playing at the moment, looking at the fixtures, i can see us winning all 10 remaining games - would give us 78 points - if thats the case, then we are going to be thereabouts - maybe not quite enough, but theres always 1 or 2 teams in the top 6 that have a wobble.
    We can all dream !

The championship is a very tough league, we could just as easily lose 2 or 3 on the spin and the doom and gloom merchants would be back on here.

A lot of our games do look winnable and as the finish line gets nearer some sides will start to wobble (some have already). But i think we've left it too late. 10 wins from 10 games is a huge ask in any league, never mind this one.
  • Last season , Wigan were 5th with 73 points and Brighton 6th with 72. !
    However , the league was a lot less tight.
  • edited March 2015
    Edit: Oops, posted in wrong thread!
  • edited March 2015
    We will win another 5, draw 2 and lose 3, which will give us an extra 17 points, nowhere near enough. If anyone truly believes we will be in the playoffs they need sectioning
  • edited March 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

We will win another 5, draw 2 and lose 3, which will give us an extra 17 points, nowhere near enough. If anyone truly believes we will be in the playoffs they need sectioning

Who will we lose to aside from Millwall ?
  • What this does show, is that if we can keep this team together, with one or two additions we can be realistic promotion contenders next season.
  • edited March 2015
    I can only see us losing to Bournemouth, and if they take care of business, what will they have to play for by that time?
    We can all dream !

Hmm. So beating our record of 12 wins on the bounce from 99/00?
    Sorry, can't see it. A winning streak is one thing, but a freaky 13 game winning streak is something else.

Having said that, nothing wrong with dreaming!
  • Bournemouth 43 83 +47
    Norwich 43 82 +39
    --------
    Watford 43 82 +38
    Middlesbrough 43 81 +31

Bournemouth:
    Sheff Wed (H)
    Bolton (H)
    Charlton (A)

Norwich:
    Middlesboro (H)
    Rotherham (A)
    Fulham (H)

Watford:
    Birmingham (H)
    Brighton (A)
    Sheff Wed (H)

Middlesboro:
    Norwich (A)
    Fulham (A)
    Brighton (H)

• edited April 2015

Bournemouth 43 83 +47
    Norwich 43 82 +39
    --------
    Watford 43 82 +38
    Middlesbrough 43 81 +31

Bournemouth:
    Sheff Wed (H)
    Bolton (H)
    Charlton (A)

Norwich:
    Middlesboro (H)
    Rotherham (A)
    Fulham (H)

Watford:
    Birmingham (H)
    Brighton (A)
    Sheff Wed (H)

Middlesboro:
    Norwich (A)
    Fulham (A)
    Brighton (H)

Norwich win all 3
    Watford win all 3

Bournemouth win first 2 and get a point against us, ouch poor old Yann
  • Draw will be handy for us in the Norwich v Boro game.

Probably need to get 2nd place as doubt we'd win the play-offs.
  • Still think Norwich boro and Watford