Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those Bouncing Belgiums

Comments

• Options
    Were always going to piss off a few. I quite liked them.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2015
    When walking into the ground, I saw them, first time to Charlton, didn't seem quite sure which way to go. Obviously, had a lot to drink but didn't give anyone any bother when walking to the ground. Not that I saw in any case. Police following them looked slightly non plussed as to who they were. Looked a bit like rougher than usual Wendies supporters.
  • Options
    I thought they were great to watch it's good to see such passion
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Definite truth to the rumour that they were acting like arseholes. Saw it with my own eyes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    If they were so well behaved why did they have so many of the heavy mob stewards down in the concourse at half time, just what is needed in an area you can barely move at during half times normally
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

The same group standing in Floyd Road before ko when asked by a Charlton fan in front of me "where are you from" was told to fuck off.

I thought about asking them but decided against it. One of them shook the hands of a police woman at the top end of Valley Floyd Rd. She looked a bit alarmed.
  • Options
    I thought they were great and added something different to a very , very quite Valley today.
  • Options
    Yet if Charlton fans acted like that it would be frowned upon. Any standing or boisterous behaviour in East stand A block was soon stamped out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Spanish said:

Such a typical reaction from some lifers on here…

They came to see Lepoint, have a bit of a laugh and sing few songs. Lighten up guys, me and my mate thought they were good value. Other than gesticulate at the oppo, not sure they did much wrong. I guess maybe they should have gone in the North stand so as not to upset the Flask and Blanket brigade.

Read the thread. I don't want to condemn them all based on the actions of a few, but the few I saw were utterly obnoxious. I thought they were quite funny once in the ground, but up close they weren't so nice.
  • Options
    Looked,acted,sounded and even smelt like palaces fans!
  • Options
    Makes sense now... Millwall didn't in fact decide not to sell the lower tier ... and that's why Roland was over this week...he has bought that tier in blocks for his little troop of Hoolie Belgiques.

After screwing Standard over and having their mob storm his office and confront him then seeing our equivalent being arranging a civilised chin wag in Woolwich town hall he is obviously a bit non plussed with our "menance levels" so has shipped in the Gent boys.

Today was just a warm up so he'll be hoping they'll be match fit for some arm waving and on the spot jumping come Good Friday .

• Options
    The only good that can come from this is if a few of our big time security, that usually enjoy pushing around kids and old blokes end up geting a slap.
  • Options

Does make you laugh a bit though that foreign mobs are now welcomed with open arms yet the last time a few spotty red division teens sat in the last block for a cup game and tried to start a few songs they were lined up against a wall and had all their details taken.

God forbid they had a Roland/Katrien out bed sheet ;-)
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Spanish said:

They came to see Lepoint, have a bit of a laugh and sing few songs. Lighten up guys, me and my mate thought they were good value. Other than gesticulate at the oppo, not sure they did much wrong. I guess maybe they should have gone in the North stand so as not to upset the Flask and Blanket brigade.

Read the thread. I don't want to condemn them all based on the actions of a few, but the few I saw were utterly obnoxious. I thought they were quite funny once in the ground, but up close they weren't so nice.
    Already read it. read my post, I thought they did nothing that was out of line at a football ground. Get over it amigo
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Spoke to a couple after the game, they said they were over from Gent to see Lepoint he was a hero there and was gutted he never came on. Said the landlord in the Rose of Denmark was a pri*k and wanted them out because they were singing. Also said they had a good day and def would be back.

So there we are, Lepoint can obviously play - I wondered how he'd achieved full International status for Belgium.
    The lad needs football - I hope he gets some game time to show us what he can bring to the party.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Uboat said:

Spanish said:

Already read it. read my post, I thought they did nothing that was out of line at a football ground. Get over it amigo
    So you didn't meet any of them then, 'amigo'? I read your post and highlighted the bit that I disagreed with.