Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prince Harry - off to Iraq?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2007
    you watch something will happen out there now,

a group of soldiers will be kidnapped and our government will be told by the militants:

"Send Harry or we'll execute these soldiers"

Sounds ridiculous i know but it wouldnt be surprising.
  • Options
    Because he's unemployable anywhere else, not particularly intelligent and at the time he joined the army it looked like the Iraq thing was going to be over pretty quickly, so while the Iraq what if situation came up it wasn't taken that seriously. It's the right decision but kudos to him for wanting to go. Perhaps they should have deployed him to an army base in the Middle East in Kuwait or something to get him near the action but not part of it.

There was also the question that the paparazzi were going to be stalking him out there too...[/quote]

+++++++++++++++++

I am with you there BFR.

On the question of the paparazzi, it would have been fascinating to see if they would have followed him out there given the huge money to be earned from those pics versus the huge risk involved in getting them. From my knowledge of the industry, a picture of Harry in Iraq action would go for 100,000 easily, probably a lot more in fact.

I remember back at college in the early 90's a photo-journalism graduate having the bright idea of going to Bosnia to work as a freelance. He came back two months later - dead. A bit of a reminder that a war zone is a feckin dangerous place.