Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orchard Theatre Dartford - Quick bit of advice please

Thanks for looking,
Can you advise were/were not to eat, were/were not to park please.

Thanks all.
Appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Park in the civic centre, it's not a very big car park and if you are going at night it's free. Head up to the station and the car park is just before the station. Quick foot access from there is across the foot bridge direct to the orchard, easy to get out after the show as well. If that full go to the multi story car park to the left of the orchard, but can be a bugger to get away from, might have to pay.
  • Options
    Only places i'd recommend to eat in Dartford are maybe the Greek Taverna or the curry house up the road from the theatre on the corner, Eden Palace I think it's called
  • Options
    Ta both of you
  • Options
    Kent Curry House used to good when I lived in Dartford . Eighteen years ago
  • Options
    Italian restaurant called the sicilina next to the tavern is very good and within 2 minutes of the orchard.
  • Options
    The two best restaurants in Dartford IMHO are the Jafflong Indian (relatively new ownership and its been transformed) and the Peking Garden Chinese. Both easy walking distance from the Orchard. For parking I'd use the surface car park that used to be a multi storey until a year or two ago. Easier to get out of than the multi storey and only a couple of mins walk from the orchard
  • Options
    Kent curry house, still above average. Decent curry reasonable price. Think it's cheap night on a Thursday.
  • Options
    Surface car park is shut at moment and building work being carried out in it.
  • Options
    Surface car park I'm talking about is the one with the access right opposite the Zen (or whatever its called these days) nightclub.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WayneK said:

Kent Curry House used to good when I lived in Dartford . Eighteen years ago

The Harvester Falconwood was good 18 years ago :)

Shame they aint cleaned the toilets since then though

And the fat in the frier
  • Options
    Sorry thought you meant the ex waitrose car park.
  • Options
    If you can avoid parking in the Civic Centre I would.

Was parked in there just before Xmas when we went to see Dave Gorman. Was a nightmare to get away. It wasn't free and literally the whole theatre were queuing to pay. Show finished at 10.45 and we didn't get out of the carpark till 11.30.

Food wise I used to like The Hideout (Mexican) but haven't been in there for 2-3 years so not sure what its like now.
  • Options

Sorry thought you meant the ex waitrose car park.

No problem. PS I'm told by the fruits of my loins that Zen is now called Breathe or Air or something like that!
  • Options
    Best Indian is the Jafflong,best Chinese is twins or you have a good old Wetherspoon the flying boat!
  • Options
    A newish Italian opposite the post office.The bull and vic, the spoons pub is the flying boat.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Love these threads, so much conflicting advice. Poor CPL.

Park in the civic centre, it's not a very big car park and if you are going at night it's free. Head up to the station and the car park is just before the station. Quick foot access from there is across the foot bridge direct to the orchard, easy to get out after the show as well. If that full go to the multi story car park to the left of the orchard, but can be a bugger to get away from, might have to pay.

If you can avoid parking in the Civic Centre I would.

Was parked in there just before Xmas when we went to see Dave Gorman. Was a nightmare to get away. It wasn't free and literally the whole theatre were queuing to pay. Show finished at 10.45 and we didn't get out of the carpark till 11.30.

Food wise I used to like The Hideout (Mexican) but haven't been in there for 2-3 years so not sure what its like now.

• Options
    I think you find we are talking about 2 totally different car park, the civic centre car park is next to the station it's only small perhaps 100 cars, I believe the other car park is the multi story one where you drive up the ramp and have to queue to pay, it's a disaster to get out off.
  • Options
    Fair enough, apologies.
  • Options
    cheers all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jafflong is decent for a curry. Most of our staff go there when working late.

Le Tre Sorelle is the Italian opposite the post office - very nice.

Car park opposite Zens is best bet for being able to get away up West Hill and avoid one way system
  • Options
    Best car park is the one opposite Air & Breathe on Kent Road I believe.
    I parked there for Jim Davidson last year and got out with no probs.

The Greek Taverna is the only decent restaurant I've heard about.....that's not to say there aren't any others though.
  • Options
    Deffo recommend Jafflong too for a curry, very impressed a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    What's on at the Orchard then? Cracking little venue, just park in the multi, lift right into the foyer.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

What's on at the Orchard then? Cracking little venue, just park in the multi, lift right into the foyer.

Calendar Girls the musical
  • Options
    ads said:

Riviera said:

Calendar Girls the musical
    I see, Dave Mehmet and Shag have booked a box for the whole run I believe.......
  • Options
    I'd strongly suggest avoiding parking in the multi-storey next to the Orchard if possible. I went to a show a couple of months ago and had to spend about 25 mins queuing up just to pay at the ticket machine when we came out. There's only one machine on each level, which is fine for normal daytime shoppers, but when the theatre empties out, you'll be stuck behind a stream of idiots that haven't got the right money, or want to spend an extra 5 mins trying to use their cash card. Drove me fucking mad.

Of course, you then have to queue behind the same idiots to exit the car park...............
  • Options
    Cheers All,

Derren Brown Thursday night.

Different.
  • Options

Cheers All,

Different.

Been cancelled, due to unforeseen circumstances.
  • Options

Cheers All,

Different.

We're going tomorrow night. Saw him a couple of years ago, wasn't expecting that much but was really good. My wife got dragged up on stage for the big finale trick.