Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Fraser RIP

Free bassist gone too soon

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    gone to join Koss.

RIP
  • Options
    He was only 14 when he joined Free. Wrote All Right Now amongst other classics. Good bassist too.
  • Options
    terrific musician ... so young when he started! RIP
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    That gig at the isle of wight in 1970 is amongst my favourite's. I missed my chance at meeting him at the Blues club a couple of years ago. Just loved the sound and driving bass playing that he developed. RIP fellow.
  • Options
    Child prodigy .. like many 60s/70s rockers, has died far too young .. RIP
  • Options
    He wrote All right Now at the age of 17.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of my favorite bands. As a guitarist, Koss was my hero but Andy Fraser, what a bassist! RIP
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    A true legend taken far too soon.

RIP
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    On Saturdays a Czech DJ buddy has his remarkable rock anorak show on Prague's Radio 1, and always marks the fall of a rock giant, and he's a big Free fan. He has the time to say more than a sentence, and today mentioned something about Andy Fraser that was certainly news to me - that he was a tireless campaigner against child trafficking, and even suggested that some of the lyrics contain references to child abuse - Wishing well was one of them. Sadly neither the Telegraph obituary nor even the Wiki page mentions this.

It's always sad when our heroes fall but I feel especially touched by this one. Going to blast Fire and Water later and let the bass shake the entire house. RIP Andy
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options

On Saturdays a Czech DJ buddy has his remarkable rock anorak show on Prague's Radio 1, and always marks the fall of a rock giant, and he's a big Free fan. He has the time to say more than a sentence, and today mentioned something about Andy Fraser that was certainly news to me - that he was a tireless campaigner against child trafficking, and even suggested that some of the lyrics contain references to child abuse - Wishing well was one of them. Sadly neither the Telegraph obituary nor even the Wiki page mentions this.

It's always sad when our heroes fall but I feel especially touched by this one. Going to blast Fire and Water later and let the bass shake the entire house. RIP Andy

Wishing Well was after he left the band wasn't it? Did he have any input into it?
  • Options

Wishing Well was after he left the band wasn't it? Did he have any input into it?
    yes I guess it was. I will ask my mate where he got all that stuff from.
  • Options
    RIP Andy Fraser. I was devastated as a teenage hippie when I read that Paul Kossof had died.
    Re: Wishing Well - I was under the impression that it was written by Paul Rogers and was about/to Paul Kossoff who struggled with his drug dependence until it killed him indirectly.
  • Options
    Downloaded Free Live - remastered over the weekend. Anyone on this thread who hasn't got it, I thoroughly recommend it. Two versions of Mr Big as a showcase for Andy. What a band.