Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy with the win but lets show some respect to the Blackpool fans

2»

Comments

• Options

With the greatest of respect to Blackpool and it's fans, I would've thought his ownership warranted a lot more anger... when was the last time they protested? And I don't mean lower attendances.

Last season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHegm1HPHk
  • Options
    I wouldn't wish the Oystons on anybody. Well, maybe Palace.
  • Options
    New writing liked that Barry Ferguson his lack of support for his own fans is contemptuous
  • Options
    dizzee said:

The tangerines are rotting from the inside thanks to their owner.

It's not even that Blackpool are just having a rotten season and find themselves bottom of the League.
    Most clubs at times experience a season when everything goes wrong on the park, results are bad and they get relegated.

That's football.

But as you say, Dizzee ........ Blackpool give the impression they are rotting from the inside, from the core of their ownership.
    Inevitably, that is going to impact on the playing side.

I mean, preparing for the first game of the season with only 8 signed players.
    That's not fair to the manager, the players - and especially the supporters paying the club their hard earned cash.

• Options
    Remeber in their premiership season how Blackpool fans where suprised to find that the club had paid to one of the Oyston snr`s company something like £25 million pounds, to cover so called cost incured by him. Since then they have had 2 years of parachute payments and where has that money gone, remeber they had only 9 first team players at start of the season and have obviously spent nothing on the ground in recent years.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Couldn't care less if they get relegated or not or whether they took the p when they relegated us. Those events are seperate from the fact they have found themselves with scum owners who appear to be ruining the club. That's an issue which I do have sympathy for.
  • Options
    Are people forgetting that it was the current owners who got them promoted to the premiership? Also, as shown with our current owners, it is their club and their business interest and they can run it how they see fit.
  • Options
    redman said:

somerton said:

The owners have taken 40+ million out of the club. Tha is what they have got from Blackpool, lets hope for the fans they sell to a new interested owner.

Is that actually true? Not saying its not but just find it hard to believe anybody could that amount of money out of a football club.

Why not? Prem cash plus parachute payments whilst refusing to spend anymore than the club as a business pulls in (no tv money is what i mean)
  • Options
    I don't wish Blackpools fans any ill will but my priority for football worry is still and always will be Charlton.

Lots of magnanimous comments but would you be saying the same if it was Millwall or Palace ?

Football is cruel and it's finances nuts. There will always be cases like Blackpool.
  • Options

I don't wish Blackpools fans any ill will but my priority for football worry is still and always will be Charlton.

Lots of magnanimous comments but would you be saying the same if it was Millwall or Palace ?

Football is cruel and it's finances nuts. There will always be cases like Blackpool.

Like you Charlton is definitely my priority but that does not stop me from empathising with fans from other clubs when lunatic directors ruin those clubs one way or the other.

Even Millwall or Palace if it comes to the very existence of the club. I'd happily see both in the fourth tier though but that is different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are people forgetting that it was the current owners who got them promoted to the premiership? Also, as shown with our current owners, it is their club and their business interest and they can run it how they see fit.

Indeed they can, and the 20,000 15000 10000 5000 3,700 can just lay back and take it up the 'arris ;-)
  • Options
    Sometimes it's far better to go and help with somebody else's problem in their backyard and be able to walk away if they lose than wait until a similar problem occurs in your backyard and you can't walk away if you lose...
  • Options

Sometimes it's far better to go and help with somebody else's problem in their backyard and be able to walk away if they lose than wait until a similar problem occurs in your backyard and you can't walk away if you lose...

Confucius he say ......
  • Options
    somerton said:

Remeber in their premiership season how Blackpool fans where suprised to find that the club had paid to one of the Oyston snr`s company something like £25 million pounds, to cover so called cost incured by him. Since then they have had 2 years of parachute payments and where has that money gone, remeber they had only 9 first team players at start of the season and have obviously spent nothing on the ground in recent years.

2 more years of parachute payments for the Oystons to trouser then they'll clear off.

• Options
    Went to the game and in the afternoon i ventured into their club shop and got talking to a smartly dressed guy who worked there. He was telling me they posted a £9.4 million pound profit last year.

He said that Blackpool dont deal with agents and have a maximum wage cap on their staff and they like most northerners wont budge.

Incidentally the chap i was talking to was the linesman in our game against Wigan (2nd half did our attacking) and was forth official at the Fleetwood v Coventry game that night. He said he was impressed with Vetokele and Johnson kept shouting at him although always with a smile on his face.
  • Options
    Further to this he stated that RIga was a great manager and wanted to bring in experienced and good players but their wage cap prevented him from doing so....if you ever go to Blackpool the Oystons are an estate agency and most house's are sold through them.
  • Options
    An incredibly ignorant thread.

They're boycotting the Leeds game and going to see AFC Blackpool play instead.
  • Options

Thank you Mr Duchatelet ...
  • Options

Sure they gave a minutes thought about us in our decline and their Prem years.

Onwards and upwards.

This, feck em