Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blur's Secret Show this Friday

Did anyone else win free tickets for this ? I'm going with East Terrace.

"Thanks for replying, great you can make it. You have 2 (two) tickets to blur's secret show in West London this Friday 20th March 2015. Here’s the important information you need, read carefully:

Blur will play The Magic Whip live for the first time on FRIDAY 20th MARCH at .........."

Comments

• Options
    Yeah think everyone is going #humblebrag
  • Options
    edited March 2015

"Thanks for replying, great you can make it. You have 2 (two) tickets to blur's secret show in West London this Friday 20th March 2015. Here’s the important information you need, read carefully:

Blur will play The Magic Whip live for the first time on FRIDAY 20th MARCH at .........."

So you (Covered End) are going with East Terrace. I bet Grandstand and South Terrace will be gutted...
  • Options
    Well that's not very secret....
  • Options
    So secret that everyone is talking about it in an attempt to get a load of publicity.

Shhh don't tell anyone! ;)

They must have given a PR guy at least £50 to come up with such an original idea.
  • Options

So you (Covered End) are going with East Terrace. I bet Grandstand and South Terrace will be gutted...
    Not as much as Covered End's taller but younger brother North Stand, he'll be in tiers!

Thanks Covered End, really looking forward to it. Especially as financially I can't do Hyde Park!
  • Options
    I've heard the Magic Whip, it's not a masterpiece.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I've heard the Magic Whip, it's not a masterpiece.

Fresher than anything beady eye has done or Noels new album.

*dives for cover*

• Options
    Being a prolific 'maker-up' of Charlton songs in the 90s, I based one of them on Country House. "They play at a ground, a very sh1t ground in the country" was only sung (by probably just me) at Barnet Away and didn't prove to be as popular as "Curbishley, he's got no personality", "Brown plays like a clown" or "Oh score a goal, Johnny Robinson".
  • Options
    Well that was bloody brilliant. It was at The Mode in Ladbroke Grove. East Terrace tells me it used to be called Subterranea. Anyway, great night with about 200 people crammed in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well that was bloody brilliant. It was at The Mode in Ladbroke Grove. East Terrace tells me it used to be called Subterranea. Anyway, great night with about 200 people crammed in.

Wow , good venue that. Saw the freestylers there. Must've been ace to be that close.
  • Options

Was it called Acklam hall before it changed it's name to Subterranea?
  • Options
    Nice venue, think I saw That Petrol Emotion there many, many moons ago.
  • Options
    A fantastic gig and experience at a venue I first went to in 1990 to see The Wedding Present.

Haven't got many Blur concerts to compare it to, but been to hundreds of gigs and last night they were so tight, intense and loud.

From Dave's drumming to Alex's bass and onto Damon's (cocky obviously) showman performance you could see they were really enjoying it. Coxon's guitar sound was amazing though and just hit you in the face.

Really liked the new tracks, one was pretty 'challenging' and whether they have put the intensity and energy into a studio recording will be interesting to see. It was fantastic live though.

In Feb half term I was on holiday in Dorset (see thread!) and popped down to the lo(o-o-o)cal co-op, turning on 6 music on the way. Lamacq was surprisingly interviewing Blur..... new album... I was pretty excited. Little did I know five weeks later I'd be lucky enough to see them play it.

Thanks CE!
  • Options
    Badger said:

Was it called Acklam hall before it changed it's name to Subterranea?
    Yep it was, my mate in work saw Joy Division there I believe.
  • Options
    There's a bit of footage here.

http://www.nme.com/news/blur/83764