Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Belgians are coming!.....every Saturday since Charlton FC began

Really interesting DNA research in the Independent. http://ind.pn/1F9qMwf

9% of each of us were Belgian from the off. When compared to body mass, 9% must represent about one leg and foot - that's how Belgian each of us have always been (more or less!).

Comments

• Options
    I do get a touch of gout in my left foot when I eat sprouts - might explain it.
  • Options
    TBH i have always known i am a bit of a mongrel. I definitely have some Cornish Celtic blood, Some Scottish Celtic blood, Anglo Saxon and probably a streak of Norse blood. There is the slightest suggestion i might have a touch of Maori blood as well.

Meanwhile my kids who have a French Mum can claim all of the above + French, Italian and Corsican.

Unfortunately because of the English and Scottish genes my kids will never make it in football but at least they'll grow up to like drinking a beer with me
  • Options
    Best lame fact about me... Under FIFA rules I'm eligible to represent India in Football because my late Grandad was born there
  • Options

Best lame fact about me... Under FIFA rules I'm eligible to represent India in Football because my late Grandad was born there

I could play for England or Scotland but for some reason they both chose to ignore me.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I could play for England or Scotland but for some reason they both chose to ignore me.
    Well bloody India chose to ignore me and they're ranked 173rd in the World Rankings so how do you think that makes me feel :( lol!
  • Options
    I have retired from Internation duty with England.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC oops
  • Options
    26% German. That explains why we only score one penalty to every four of theirs.
  • Options

TBH i have always known i am a bit of a mongrel. I definitely have some Cornish Celtic blood, Some Scottish Celtic blood, Anglo Saxon and probably a streak of Norse blood. There is the slightest suggestion i might have a touch of Maori blood as well.

Meanwhile my kids who have a French Mum can claim all of the above + French, Italian and Corsican.

Unfortunately because of the English and Scottish genes my kids will never make it in football but at least they'll grow up to like drinking a beer with me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31905764
  • Options

9% of each of us were Belgian from the off. When compared to body mass, 9% must represent about one leg and foot - that's how Belgian each of us have always been (more or less!).

What is the map supposed to mean? I don't understand the connection between the map and the article. It appears to prove that people with "Central/South England" DNA live in the centre and south of England. Similarly for North Wales etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IA said:

What is the map supposed to mean? I don't understand the connection between the map and the article. It appears to prove that people with "Central/South England" DNA live in the centre and south of England. Similarly for North Wales etc
    Yip it means exactly that and the interesting thing is that that has remained so for 1500 years. collectively we think of ourselves as a homogenous nation but perhaps at least genetically we are still seperate tribes - that's the point
  • Options
    I'm still not going to wear one of those silly beret's.