Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Eclipse

Much going on where you are?

Comments

• Options
    Getting darker but wall to wall cloud, so no chance of seeing anything in Chislehurst...
  • Options
    Gloomy in Lee, like a crap weather day. No chance of seeing anything. Better on the BBC.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Getting darker but wall to wall cloud, so no chance of seeing anything in Chislehurst...

same here
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    dark, eerie, clear skies over Lincolnshire .. like the calm before a major storm ..
    the birds (winged variety) are flying around in apparent confusion .. where's the sun gone
  • Options
    So basically it is dark, grey and cloudy.

Don't we have 300 other days a year in this country like that?
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited March 2015
    Just watched the footage from the BBC from an aeroplane above the Faroe Islands, absolutely amazing.
  • Options
    Well it went from grey and crap in Dartford to slightly greyer and slightly crapper. Much ado about nowt. Will watch the telly later to see what actually happened.
  • Options
    Bit of a non event down South, eh? Basically it was a bit like dusk.

Such a shame.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Just watched the footage from the BBC from an aeroplane above the Faroe Islands, absolutely amazing.

yup, that was stunning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't feel like much at the time but looking out the office window now it is noticeably much lighter than it was during the eclipse.
  • Options
    Literally did laugh out loud when the announcer on the radio said that even though it's very cloudy I should still make sure that I don't look directly at the sun. Where the feck would I look, exactly?
  • Options
    got colder, had to wear a hoodie.
  • Options
    5% greyer than before, slightly colder...
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Didn't feel like much at the time but looking out the office window now it is noticeably much lighter than it was during the eclipse.

Think that is the general outcone of a eclipse mate.
  • Options
    Clear skies in the north west - 85% coverage I believe but didn't go as dark as I expected. Certainly not as dark as 1999's total eclipse so 15% is still pretty effective in lighting us all up!

The one or two birds still flying appeared to be very confused!
  • Options
    Just gives Mrs Charente another excuse to lust after Brian Cox (God could have evened out talent more fairly!).

Dara O'Brien still seems to be nicking a living as his parasite.
  • Options
    Grey and gloomy skies in Bedfordshire this morning... same as every other day of the year.
  • Options
    Sitting at my desk, (which is right by the window) I can honestly say I didn't notice it............. :neutral:
  • Options
    edited March 2015

dark, eerie, clear skies over Lincolnshire .. like the calm before a major storm ..
    the birds (winged variety) are flying around in apparent confusion .. where's the sun gone

Same down here in Sunny Cornwall ......... the sun looked like a fiery version of a crescent moon, the birds started singing their bedtime songs and we got a sort of twilight.

Stunning seeing the deer silhouetted against the light, on the brow of the hill in front of my cottage.

In 1999 we had the total eclipse down here in Cornwall. Proper darkness rolling in for 10 minutes at 11 o'clock in the morning.
    Completely surreal.

Looks like I might miss the next total eclipse, though.
    Not due until 2090. I'll be long pushing up the daisies by then.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I completely forgot about it and, looking out the train window at the gloomy, foreboding skies, all I thought was, 'Well, at least I've got my umbrella.'
  • Options

Stolen from Twitter....

nice one VG
  • Options
    @CAFCmemes its worth a follow
  • Options
    I need that!! excellent.
  • Options
    something to tell the grandkids about..
  • Options
    So we are saying Millwall are 400 times bigger than Charlton.....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

So we are saying Millwall are 400 times bigger than Charlton.....

They think so.