Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Reading

Comments

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Rossman92 said:

Leuth said:

Henderson 6.5 forgot he could use his hands before the first goal, made one good save
    Gomez 9 absolutely supreme performance, bossed it
    Fox 8.5 coming alive as an attacking force
    Johnson 6.5 a bit dozy at times but just about held firm
    Diarra 7.5 can play there in his sleep, laid-back but good enough to be
    Gudmundsson 7.5 very lively performance, should have had an assist or two
    Cousins 6.5 not his best game, passing hit and miss, but always a welcome presence
    Buyens 8.5 ENORMOUS second half, shut up the mugs sitting next to me big time. Docked half a point for stupid suspension-causing yellow, but in that second half he was everywhere doing everything. His two games out will be very instructive. Will we be pining for him? Maybe Diarra is better for a Den scrap, but Buyens like this is such an asset
    Bulot 8.5 Another enormous second half. Such a tricksy, clever player. Knitted it all together in attacking areas.
    Eagles 5 Docked two points for that miss, oh my days
    Watt 8 Didn't really come off for him and he still gets an 8, incredible player

Second half until Watt went off was the best we've played since...Curbs?

Jackson may be back for Millwall so Buyens picked the right time to be suspended lol
    Please no jackson look how much better we are without him , Diarra has to come in

If Luzon can get Church up to speed then maybe JJ will get his mojo back?

If he does start JJ, which I sincerely doubt, it will be to have a look at him to see if he can do a squad job for us next season.

JJ may surprise us, given the chance but I think we must remember him for his great contribution to CAFC in previous years - hope I'm wrong and he plays a blinder at The Den!
  • Options

Henderson - 7 - Couple of good catches from crosses
    Gomez - 7.5
    Fox - 7 - Much better than I've seen before, think he's developed into a great player
    Johnson - 5.5 - Weak link in the defense
    Diarra - 7
    Gudmundsson - 6.5 - Quiet, good move for Eagles' chance though
    Cousins - 8 - MOTM
    Buyens - 8
    Bulot - 8
    Eagles - 5 - Looks talented, but poor game today
    Watt - 7 - Don't think being up front on his own suits him, better when Church joined him

Don't think Watt was supposed to be on his own up front!
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7.5
    Johnson 6
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 8
    Cousins 8
    Buyens 7
    Bulot 7
    Eagles 5
    Watt 7.5
  • Options
    Henderson 7 - Solid
    Gomez 8 - Great involement in defence and attack.
    Fox 7.5 - best game in a red shirt.
    Johnson 6.5 - still not sure about him but great organiser.
    Diarra 7 - very assured
    Gudmundson 7.5 - Looked determined to get something from the game.
    Cousins 7.5 - occasional wasteful but so driven.
    Buyens 7.5 - showed all sides of his game , good and bad.
    Bulot 6.5 - quieter game than recently.
    Eagles 6 - Jury still out on him for me.
    Watt 8 - Quality. The assist for our third had everything, desire, pace, skill, commitment.
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7.5
    Johnson 6
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 8
    Buyens 7
    Bulot 7.5
    Eagles 6
    Watt 7.5
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7
    Johnson 6.5
    Diarra 8
    Gudmundsson 7
    Cousins 7
    Buyens 8.5 MOM
    Bulot 7
    Eagles 7
    Watt 7.5
  • Options
    Henderson - 7.5 Besides picking the ball out of the net, I can't think of anything major he had to do. Obviously doing something that GL likes, as he was again given the armband.

Gomez - 8 The real deal. Has pace, power, aerial ability, and can pick a pass. No concern with him when Solly was pulled out. Going all the way, I just hope it is with us.

Fox - 6.5 Put in a decent shift. Defended well, but his lack of pace does worry me.

Johnson - 5.5 His worst game (that I have seen) in a Charlton shirt. His lack of pace was shown time and again. Was lucky that Diarra's positional sense and Gomez' pace prevented him from being red carded in the 1st half. Still an excellent organiser.

Diarra - 6.5 Cruised through the game in an unfamiliar position. Showed his quality in that he looked more secure than his better known centre back. Some telling passes.

Gudmundsson - 7 Did not produce some of his recent heroics, but still makes me think that he can swing a game for us. The real creative force in the team.

Cousins - 9 MOTM Absolutely awesome display. All over the park, driving into space, changing the axis of the attack, blocking. Always available for his team mates. Also cajoling, applauding, driving his team mates on. A future captain.

Buyens - 8 Would have been MOTM if it hadn't been for the outstanding display by JC. Always the focal point of the team with his passing. It was nice to see him bursting into the opposition box, for his first goal in open play. We will miss him in the games for which he is banned.

Bulot - 8 A constant thorn in Reading's side. Very much the outlet for the midfield, and always looked a threat. Often players from abroad show a lack of drive in the Championship. Not Fred. Great engine, with him still showing the drive to fulfil his defensive duties in added on time.

Eagles - 5 Poor. Played out of position, yes, but his decision making was terrible, and was no real help to Watt up front. Maybe trying a little too hard?

Watt - 6.5 Not his best performance, but "Twinkletoes" is a real edge of the seat player. Great run to set up Church for the third. With Tony, Fred, and Johann we have 3 players who will get the fans' hearts pumping.

GL - 8 It can not have helped having your captain and first choice right back in the warm up. Stayed true to his footballing philosophy by choosing a midfielder to play in central defence in the re-shuffle. Must have been a rousing half time team talk.
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 8
    Fox 6.5
    Johnson 5.5
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Cousins 8
    Buyens 7.5
    Bulot 8
    Eagles 6
    Watt 7.5
  • Options
    Henderson - 6.5
    Gomez - 8
    Fox - 8
    Johnson - 7
    Diarra - 7.5
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Cousins - 8.5
    Buyens - 8.5
    Bulot - 7.5
    Eagles - 7
    Watt- 8.5
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Leuth said:

Henderson 6.5 forgot he could use his hands before the first goal, made one good save
    Cousins 6.5 not his best game, passing hit and miss, but always a welcome presence
    Buyens 8.5 ENORMOUS second half, shut up the mugs sitting next to me big time. Docked half a point for stupid suspension-causing yellow, but in that second half he was everywhere doing everything. His two games out will be very instructive. Will we be pining for him? Maybe Diarra is better for a Den scrap, but Buyens like this is such an asset
    Bulot 8.5 Another enormous second half. Such a tricksy, clever player. Knitted it all together in attacking areas.

Wow, a team scattered with world beaters, that's not the game I watched especially in the second quarter of the match. Decent turn around though with some good, not outstanding, performances when they put their foot to the floor after half time. So easy to get carried away with high marks which are supposed to reflect 90 MINUTES but each to their own I suppose. Curbs always used to preach don't get too high when we win or too low when we lose, wise words some would do well to take heed of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Henderson - 7.5
    Gomez - 8.5
    Fox - 8
    Johnson - 7
    Diarra - 7
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Cousins - 7.5
    Buyens - 8
    Bulot - 8
    Eagles - 7
    Watt - 8
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez8
    Fox8
    Johnson6
    Diarra7
    Gudmundsson7
    Cousins8
    Buyens7
    Bulot7
    Eagles6
    Watt8
  • Options
    Henderson 7 (Not much chance with the Goals. Done what he needed to do.)
    Gomez 9 (Just about pips Fox for MOM, it was his run in the 2nd half which was the catalyst for an impressive 2nd half performance by the whole team)
    Fox 8.5 (Some excellent tackles in one and one situations. Also some dangerous crosses, worked well with Bulot.)
    Johnson 5.5 (Weakest link today. If only he had the pace of atleast Bikey. Organisation is top drawer.)
    Diarra 7 (Not convinced he is the best parner for Johnson but some of his interceptions were superb. Think he will be a top replacement for the suspended Buyens.)
    Gudmundsson 7 (Thought he was quiet. Still dangerous when he got the ball. Eagles should have scored from his cross.)
    Cousins 8 (Quality engine - Sometimes poor distribution but he runs the Midfield.)
    Buyens 7 (Good to see him in the oppo box. Should try to get there more often.)
    Bulot 7 (Impressed with his defensive nature, always there to support Fox.)
    Eagles 6 (Still not convinced. Should of scored his chance.)
    Watt 8 (Wow !! Not his best game but he makes the team gel. Classic Watt run, easy goal for Church. Top Top player.)

Church 8 (30 mins - 2 x chances - 1 goal. I will take that.)
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7
    Johnson 6
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Cousins 8
    Buyens 7
    Bulot 8
    Eagles 6
    Watt 7
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7
    Johnson 6
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 8.5
    Buyens 8
    Bulot 7.5
    Eagles 6
    Watt 7.5

• Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7
    Johnson 6
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Cousins 7.5
    Buyens 7.5
    Bulot 7
    Eagles 6
    Watt 7.5
  • Options
    Henderson 7 - don't recall him having a great deal to do but what he did do he did well enough
    Gomez 8 - looks like a seasoned pro out there, huge talent
    Fox 7 - a decent game though does get done for pace every now and then, some good crosses
    Johnson 6 - a few errors but nothing costly i'm prepared to cut him some slack having not played reguarly for some time
    Diarra 7 - must play at Millwall instead of Buyens, won a good number of tackles
    Gudmundsson 7 - at times played like a 6 but at times played like an 8
    Cousins 8 - ran the midfield, expecting him to boss the game at Millwall too
    Buyens 8.5 MOM - was everywhere, almost had a hat-trick. Extra marks for the goal and penalty. How some have rated him less than a 7 is beyond me.
    Bulot 7 - was a threat all game
    Eagles 6 - made Watt look like a lone striker in the first half
    Watt 7.5 - gets an extra 0.5 for creating the 3rd goal when he was already knackered from the previous attack

Church n/a - gets another mention for making an impact coming off the bench
    Lepoint n/a - yet to see the best of him yet, may need more time to settle in and adjust to English football
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 10
    Fox 6
    Johnson 4.5
    Diarra 6
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 8
    Buyens 8
    Bulot 7.5
    Watt 8
    Eagles 5.5

Church 8
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 8.5
    Fox 8
    Johnson 7
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 8.5
    Cousins 7.5
    Buyens 8
    Bulot 8.5
    Eagles 6.5
    Watt 8
  • Options
    Henderson 7 Safe as houses, his handling is superb.
    Gomez 7.5 Classy performance
    Fox 6.5 More than decent
    Johnson 6 2 cock ups 1st half, his concentration is slipping
    Diarra 6.5 Didn't notice him much. Always a sign your doing well.
    Gudmundsson 7 Looked classy
    Cousins 6.5 Quieter game than usual
    Buyens 7.5 Extra half for 2 goals. Best game for a while.
    Bulot 7 Dangerous
    Eagles 6 Ok
    Watt 8 MOM by a whisker. Caused them problems all 2nd half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Leuth said:

Wow, a team scattered with world beaters, that's not the game I watched especially in the second quarter of the match. Decent turn around though with some good, not outstanding, performances when they put their foot to the floor after half time. So easy to get carried away with high marks which are supposed to reflect 90 MINUTES but each to their own I suppose. Curbs always used to preach don't get too high when we win or too low when we lose, wise words some would do well to take heed of.
    My marks reflect what ended up happening in the game, i.e. 40 minutes of glorious rampaging dominance that resulted in a convincing win. They also reflect what I thought of our individual players. I dish it out in this thread so of course I accept criticism, but accusing me of getting carried away is a trifle ridiculous when there are people bringing absurd baggage to their marking (giving Morgan Fox 6/10!) perhaps worthier of censure. Rather a positive tilt than a negative one after a good win. Besides, what difference does it make if I do get carried away? I have no influence over the squad, although I might cheer more if I think we're playing well :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If you seriously think Buyens was worth 8.5 when his main contribution was the penalty after an hour and because he scored a second goal that unintentionally went in off his knee/thigh then I can't help you. As for Fox 8.5 his crossing first half let him down and he failed to deal with his man on more than one occasion, allowing him to run at Johnson. We are all entitled to our opinion just glad mine balanced out yours though, no hard feelings enjoy the the cider in the van next weekend. :wink:

@lancashirelad Apologies for the exchange of views which I know you dislike on this thread but I just couldn't resist.
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7
    Johnson 6
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 8.5
    Buyens 8
    Bulot 7.5
    Eagles 6.5
    Watt 7.5
  • Options
    Henderson - 7.5
    Gomez - 8
    Fox - 7
    Johnson - 6.5
    Diarra - 7.5
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 8.5
    Buyens - 7.5
    Bulot - 7
    Eagles - 6.5
    Watt - 8
  • Options
    Henderson 7.0
    Gomez 8.0
    Fox 7.5
    Johnson 6.5
    Diarra 7.0
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Cousins 8.5 MOM
    Buyens 8.0
    Bulot 8.0
    Eagles 7.0
    Watt 8.0
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7
    Johnson 6
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Cousins 8
    Buyens 8.5
    Bulot 7
    Eagles 7
    Watt 8
  • Options
    Henderson 7 - Solid as usual
    Gomez 8 - Great again.
    Fox 7.5 - best game in a red shirt.
    Johnson 7- very decent player but playing with an injury.
    Diarra 7 - Solid
    Gudmundson 7.5 - V Good.
    Cousins 7.5 - occasional wasteful but so driven.
    Buyens 7.5 - Sound game
    Bulot 6.5 - Average.
    Eagles 6 - Out of best position.
    Watt 8 - Quality again.
  • Options
    Henderson - 6.5
    Gomez - 8
    Fox - 7.5
    Johnson - 6
    Diarra - 7
    Gudmundson - 7.5
    Buyerns - 8
    Cousins - 8.5 MOM
    Bulot -7
    Eagles - 6
    Watt - 7
  • Options
    Henderson 8
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7.5
    Johnson 7
    Diarra 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Cousins 7
    Buyens 7
    Bulot 7
    Eagles 6.5
    Watt 7
  • Options
    Henderson - 7 Safe hands.
    Gomez - 8.5 Classy.
    Fox - 8 Read the play well and looked the part.
    Johnson - 6 Stuck at it.
    Diarra - 7 Good interceptions and ok in the air. Calm on the ball.
    Gudmundsson - 7.5 Touch was good and kept the ball moving.
    Cousins - 8.5 Started slowly but 2nd half was dominant.
    Buyens - 8 Some good twists and turns and one lovely pass out to the right wing. Nearly had a hat-trick.
    Bulot - 7.5 Energetic and always positive.
    Eagles - 6 Struggled up front but was better when moved to the left wing for a short while.
    Watt - 7.5 Took the game to Reading in the 2nd half. Irrepressible.

Church - Looked sharp and fit. Never been a goal-scorer but have a feeling we knackered him out last year.
    Le Point - Decent cameo.