Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon reaction to latest win

Amazingly considering how regular these three-goal sprees are now becoming, Bet365 were offering 7-1 for Charlton to score three or more today. Take note between now and the end of the season if you like a flutter.

http://bit.ly/1HhD6LQ

Comments

• Options
    Luzon is quality. Simple
  • Options
    There needs to be a cam on him throughout the game, his touchline antics would be annoying if he were the opposition manager but as ours he is entertainment value. When we missed in the 2nd half (Watt?) I looked down from the Upper West and there he was prostate face down.
  • Options
    Loving Luzon like everyone else, but If Solly injured his ankle "a little bit" against Blackpool would it not have been sensible to leave him out?
  • Options
    "“We are a team and we are united.”

Indeed
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

"“We are a team and we are united.”

Indeed

No we're Atheletic. Obviously being touted as our Alex Ferguson has confused him.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Whatever your opinion is of Luzon I think we all have to admit now that he gets this Manager lark.

IMHO he is on another level (tactically at least) from Powell, Peeters and possibly even Riga.
  • Options

Whatever your opinion is of Luzon I think we all have to admit now that he gets this Manager lark.

IMHO he is on another level from Powell, Peeters and possibly even Riga.

Not sure he is as good a man manager as Riga, but I think he is better tactically.
  • Options

Well, of course he is.

Don't you know he's the next Sir Alex Ferguson?
    Katrien said so.

• Options

Not sure he is as good a man manager as Riga, but I think he is better tactically.
    LOL! Yes just mentioned that in my original post just in case it was unclear what I meant. Tactically I believe that Luzon is the best of the bunch.
  • Options
    Was just reading his interview on the OS with Olly Groome. It seems as though every time he gets asked about a certain player's performance, he just says it was a great team effort and good overall performance. He won't single out players whether they play good or bad, love that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone else see him talking for a long time to Watt when he ws substituted and then grin and knee him up the bum - now thats man management
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Did anyone else see him talking for a long time to Watt when he ws substituted and then grin and knee him up the bum - now thats man management

We were in the West Upper ( aka The Morgue :smiley: ) today and saw that, Kap. Great moment.

Had a great day celebrating Hants' Addick's 45th anniversary of support at The Valley but the padded seats didn't really make up for the lack of noise/atmosphere in that Stand. Can't beat East Stand, Block E for me.

One plus was seeing JJ, Moussa, Ben Roberts & Jason Euell sitting in the Press area just below us and it was great to see our Club captain stand up & applaud Churchy's goal. Says a lot about the lad who's trained hard, clawed his way back into the squad and has now scored 2 in 2 games.

Respect.

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Depends how far he put his knee up tbh.....
  • Options
    Churchy charltons goal machine
    Love him always 100% committed
  • Options
    Did anyone see the brief 'spat' between Watt and Johnson after the latters booking... Johnson was really berating him it seemed and was blaming him for the yellow.

At that moment I was worried we'd finally see Watt's stroppy side

From the resulting free kick; Henderson went straight up to Watt put his arm round him and have a brief word, Watt then went past Johnson and I dont know if it was what Henderson said (as Captain) and the two shook hands.

Was a moment really well handled by all three players and showed how united the squad is
  • Options
    What is up with Vetokele? Is he injured, rested, dropped?
  • Options

What is up with Vetokele? Is he injured, rested, dropped?

Injured apparently according to someone listening to the game and back for Millwall.
  • Options

IMHO he is on another level (tactically at least) from Powell, Peeters and possibly even Riga.

Could be but it's no coincidence we're playing more attacking and better football while we have the best attacking players in years. Bulot and JBG are better than any wingers we've had in a while. Watt and Igor the best strikers since we got relegated from the Prem (though I'd say Yann was also up there).
  • Options
    If he'd taken over a month earlier we'd be the chasing the play offs as the divisions form team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Could be but it's no coincidence we're playing more attacking and better football while we have the best attacking players in years. Bulot and JBG are better than any wingers we've had in a while. Watt and Igor the best strikers since we got relegated from the Prem (though I'd say Yann was also up there).
    Yes, but Bulot, JBG and Igor were with us with Peeters but none had the impact that they're having now.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Scoham said:

Yes, but Bulot, JBG and Igor were with us with Peeters but none had the impact that they're having now.
    That's fair enough on Peeters but Powell didn't have any of them (or Watt, who makes a big difference). While he was cautious he could hardly play the sort of football we are now with the squad he had at the time.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Rob said:

Scoham said:

Whatever the formation you need quality throughout the front six to make a difference. Peeters had Bulot available yes, but hardly played him and had Cousins on the left mostly.
    Injury to Jackson and the return of Bulot from Africa led to our new centre mid partnership of Cousins and Buyens.
    Then add Watt who just keeps running at defenders thus giving everyone options to play it to him or go down the wing or a third choice of a crossfield ball.
    With Peeters we were playing U shaped with the ball going back to centre backs a lot, then a big hoof by Bikey... Now we're playing quality football for 45+ minutes a game.

The good news is that Watt, Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Cousins are all signed up for 2015-16 :)

And Luzon too!