Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Club Mascot?

Comments

• Any excuse to get this photo out

Move on.

• I hear Ian Holloways available, he's certainly provided plenty of entertainment at the Den this season.
  • After the video maybe the mascot ought to be a cowgirl.
  • Got to be Addick the 'Addock
  • Signed a deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
  • Good news that Floyd and Harvey won't be "put to sleep" but will be retiring to the Museum where visitors will be able to see them from next season.

They first appeared at the Valley in September 1998 for a game v Coventry.

They were "adopted" from a firm in Wimbledon called Rainbow. The design of the dog was from Mick Everett but the names were from Peter Varney
  • Sponsored links:

• Who was before Floyd and Harvey

Back at Selhurst we had a robin, which I think was sometimes inhabited by Gavin off the Junior Reds coach.

• aliwibble said:

Who was before Floyd and Harvey

Back at Selhurst we had a robin, which I think was sometimes inhabited by Gavin off the Junior Reds coach.

It used to throw Blackjacks to kids in the crowd. My brother and I once sussed out who was in the robin suit by his trainers. We saw him on the way into Selhurst before a game.
  • Good news that Floyd and Harvey won't be "put to sleep" but will be retiring to the Museum where visitors will be able to see them from next season.

They were "adopted" from a firm in Wimbledon called Rainbow. The design of the dog was from Mick Everett but the names were from Peter Varney

Won't they take up a lot of space?
  • Did we have mascots before Floyd and Harvey? I can't remember any.

Won't they take up a lot of space?
    Clive Harris/SG3 has volunteered to wear one of them while showing people around the museum

They will take up a lot of space so won't be on display all the time

Let's hope the poor b******s that normally wear them can find alternative work - would be a bit tedious sitting there day in. Day out.
  • Can't we just take standard liege mascot on season loan

I thought we did that last season.
  • Macronate said:

Poirot and TinTin is the rumour.

TinTin, Snowy, Captain Haddock and Carruthers & Carruthers would be great.

No, no, no. It's a haddock we want, not Captain Haddock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Young Addicks being asked to design and name a new CAFC mascot including signature dance moves

Is there an age limit on entries as this could keep me amused for weeks..

What about a cuddly 'Uncle Roly' complete with a death mask and prancing in a disturbed fashion to Psycho killer qu'est-ce que c'est..fa fa fa fa etc etc??
    Anything that got Psycho Killer played would get my vote.
  • cafc-west said:

Good news that Floyd and Harvey won't be "put to sleep" but will be retiring to the Museum where visitors will be able to see them from next season.

Let's hope the poor b******s that normally wear them can find alternative work - would be a bit tedious sitting there day in. Day out.

They have already, one has gone to Rotherham and the other is selling tickets from the box office
  • A terrible injustice that shames this club yet again,

Free the Charlton two and give them a decent retirement in a home for clapped out mascots
  • Part of me quite likes the haddock idea but it would be difficult to put it into practice because it would be tricky to design one that didn't look very silly indeed (see above example) and would be subject to ridicule by the away support. I'd say it was nigh on impossible to give anything other than a cartoon fish anthropomorphic attributes. (Nemo looks like Mesut Ozil doesn't he?) Fish don't have legs so having them sticking out the bottom of a costume is always going to be daft. Also arms are quite useful for a mascot to hug kids, etc and a fish with arms - well....Finally, fish (seahorses excepted) tend to be horizontal and humans tend towards the vertical.
    So, in conclusion, I've decided a haddock would be a fish out of water. Unless we can get Marvin Sordell back.

Here's the Rutgers University Scarlet Knight. Something like that carrying the Charlton sword maybe? (Although I concede that a horse and the pitch might not be a good mix!)

• edited March 2015
    I think it's obvious who we have as a mascot...Rodney Charlton "Robin" Trotter

• I think it's obvious who we have as a mascot...Rodney Charlton "Robin" Trotter

And he looks like he's just heard the Charlton score from the Den...
  • LenGlover said:

Harvey (that's the cat) sits near me.

Is that in a seat or a litter tray?

• I quite like the knight in armour idea - without the horse - but with the sword.

But then I have always liked the nickname "Valiants" too.