Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Serial Podcast

Did anyone else listen to this http://serialpodcast.org/? I found it really interesting and I see now Adnan Syed has filed for appeal again... http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-serial-adnan-syed-appeal-20150323-story.html
What did anyone else make of it?

Comments

• Options
    I listened. Was interesting. Personally I think the police got the right guy (well one of them) but their case was pretty poor and I am surprised they got a guilty verdict.

I suspect he may get a retrial but with a rejigged timeline the state will be able to get a guilty verdict again.
  • Options
    Loved the podcast, sometimes I thought he did and other times wasn't so sure.

If you liked Serial check out http://thisiscriminal.com/
  • Options
    No way was there enough to convict Syed, but by the end of the series i do think they got the right man - nobody has that much poor luck go against them
  • Options
    Radzinsky said:

No way was there enough to convict Syed, but by the end of the series i do think they got the right man - nobody has that much poor luck go against them

Yeah pretty much this. There's still a lot of lies being told by a lot of people involved in the case. I don't think Jay is clean either but deep down I think Adnan did it even with the presenter's desperate attempts to find enough evidence to show he is innocent.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Almost 70m downloads worldwide. Great series and shows how important audio still is. Definitely guilty in my opinion but probably not enough there to have convicted him.
  • Options
    If you enjoyed this try Sword and Scale podcast. All about real life crime. Compelling listening
  • Options
    I think Sarah Koenig presented it all very well. A lot of effort put into by her that makes it such a compelling tale. As for Adnan... he just seems so nonchalant with his lot in life. I mean if I had been jailed for something I did not commit I sure would not be that laid back about things!!
  • Options

I think Sarah Koenig presented it all very well. A lot of effort put into by her that makes it such a compelling tale. As for Adnan... he just seems so nonchalant with his lot in life. I mean if I had been jailed for something I did not commit I sure would not be that laid back about things!!

Unless you were a psychopath.
  • Options
    Any other podcast suggestions ? I listen to 'the joe rogan experience' quite a lot
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Any other podcast suggestions ? I listen to 'the joe rogan experience' quite a lot

I like this one http://www.scroobiuspip.co.uk/distraction-pieces-podcast/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I too just finished serial. Personally think adnan is innocent and definitely shouldn't have been convicted. Also think Jay had a lot more to do with it then just helping him get rid of the body, loved it anyway.

Two other favourites from TAL are Harper high school and the ghost of bobby doonbar.

Just listened to one of their newest ones about how Kim Jung II kidnapped a NK film director and his wife to try and force him to make private films for him! crazy.

RadioLab episodes are always good and well produced too.
  • Options
    Over the last few weeks, I've been unable to download any podcasts, so yeah, f you very much China.

:'(
  • Options

Over the last few weeks, I've been unable to download any podcasts, so yeah, f you very much China.

Can you not use a VPN?
  • Options
    I've been listening to a lot of these podcasts lately. I personally thought Adnan was guilty but if I had been a juror I would have had to find him not guilty because I do have reasonable doubt. Jay said he did it and knew where the car was. If Jay lied then why wasnt more made of the fact that Jay must therefore be guilty if Adnan had nothing to do with it. I dont believe all the muslim upbringing stuff. I think that the time frame is probably off. A lot doesnt add up I agree but I still think he definitely had something to do with it even if the perceived reasons are incorrect.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Can you not use a VPN?
    I use the best (affordable) VPN around, sadly they are having problems with iOS devices at the moment, China have upgraded TGF and it is causing huge problems.
  • Options
    It was so biased. Like interviewing a thief who definitely remembered not seeing a phone ten years ago. Complete nonsense. I reckon he did it and most compelling evidence of unsafe conviction was around his conveniently dead lawyer being a crank. Still enjoyable though. People that liked it might enjoy The Jinx, available on demand on Sky and other non reputable sources. The best thing of its type that I've seen