Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Lil' Chris

2»

Comments

• Options
    RIP

Vaguely knew of him, i think i've seen him on Never Mind The Buzzcocks a few times.
  • Options

In shock, he is a mate of mine from when I was doing some singing work at his old record label.

Can't believe it.

The funniest and nicest bloke you could wish to meet, but he was very troubled.

R.I.P mate.

This from the one person that actually knew him, but some of you - especially because it's a Paulie thread - had to stick the boot in , you pricks.

Poor boy.

• Options

Came accross as a little shit on the rock school programme but this is awful news, very sad to hear he was troubled. I almost hope it was something natural rather than suicide. No one should go through that. RIP

This. So sad and no age to go, but let's not pretend he was something he wasn't, or rather wasn't something he was.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

This is the day that RIP threads went too far.

With Paulie here Charlton life is half football related, half a teenage girls Facebook account.

That's pretty nasty to be honest. Paulie brings lots to this forum some serious and some not and I've never seen him say anything nasty to anyone on here so it's a very unfair and unprovoked personal attack.

RIP Lil Chris way too young very sad.
    This 100%

I am not hugely familiar with Lil Chris but dying at 24 is tragic whatever way you look at it. RIP.

Personally I think paulie is a good contributor, and from what I read, he, in my opinion knows his football and has a good perspective of the game. Considering this is a football forum, I don't see where the problem lies in that respect.

I don't think anyone is out to get paulie or purposely wind him up. People just react when they see others that aren't afraid to be different.

Paulie is honest I respect that.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    It's the school playground approach. People see someone who is easy bait to wind up and like to get in with the crowd and jump on the bandwagon. Totally agree - Paulie comes across very well and puts his points across very respectfully and politely on the whole.

Incidentally I actually don't think this thread has shown this too much. A couple of posts lost in translation but I have seen in happen with Paulie before.
  • Options
    That's very sad. He seemed like a good lad.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Clearly I've upset a few people. It wasn't my intention. Apologies Paulie, it was meant to be more light hearted than it came across.

I didn't want to cause offense to anyone and I just won't open threads that aren't of real interest to me anymore.

Apologies again.

Fair enough. Just a bit recent you know. But no harm intended, I get that.
  • Options
    I actually quite liked that single (let's face it, there's a lot worse in the charts then & now). For some reason it reminded me of the Undertones............

R.I.P
  • Options

I actually quite liked that single (let's face it, there's a lot worse in the charts then & now). For some reason it reminded me of the Undertones............

R.I.P

You're spot on there Tango. It's like he's got the O'Neill brothers playing with him.

RIP .

Can't say i've ever heard of him.

this was his first single which reached number 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttkkj9yBh3Y
    And this one is particularly reminiscent of Hypnotised.

RIP
  • Options
    Shame the death of a young man can be interrupted by silly point scoring

Tragic waste of a young life Rip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    24 is no age all. Real shame.
  • Options
    Really sad to read this on here last night. I loved the Rock School programme a decade ago and he was the one that stood out as a young man with a special talent. Very sad
  • Options

R.I.P

You're right, it's very Undertonesy.