Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Car. Alfa or BMW

2»

Comments

• Options
    I looked at the Beemer 1 series and the Giulitta, then bought a Scirocco. German reliability with good looks added!
  • Options

I looked at the Beemer 1 series and the Giulitta, then bought a Scirocco. German reliability with good looks added!

I'm surprised you don't see more of those about.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The Mrs owns a 12-plate Type R Scirocco. Ridiculously quick yet extremely comfortable. An absolute joy to drive, although it does tend to drink the petrol like you wouldnt believe (but then of course, its down to how you drive it!)

• Options
    Worth noting that 2nd hand BMWs less than 5 years old get free servicing!
  • Options
    The M1 model is an absolute beast as well.
  • Options

Worth noting that 2nd hand BMWs less than 5 years old get free servicing!

Very interesting. Didn't know that.

We are going to browse and to try and choose on Tuesday next week.

• Options
    Audi audi audi
  • Options

Audi audi audi

Oi oi oi.
  • Options
    Thinking of selling my 1 series m sport 4 door diesel in the next few weeks, had it as the second owner never let me down, but only now have 36,000 miles on the clock, had a couple of these, great car. so why am I selling it. Now have 2 dog's, and the wife is the main driver and fancies a 4x4.?
    The road tax is £30 a year, and the car does over 40 mpg around here. 60 mph on a run. Just know I am going to regret this.

2011 plate car, first dealer I ring up informs me they will 'simply put it on a trailer\lorry and flog it off at BCA '.
    Oh, like Stephen James do then I replied?...... I do not hold out much hope!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why not a Kia?
  • Options
    Or a dacia
  • Options

Audi audi audi

I'd owned Audis continuously from 1982 to 2013. And always thought them to be very well built. The last one cost £64k new in 2007. The engine, a V8 420hp jobbie, was superb for me but there were horror stories about its durability. The car itself was little more than junk really: it would take me a lot to go back to that brand. It needed a respray from new because of weird opacity in the clear coat on the passenger side; the heated rear screen was bust and needed replacement which meant the whole roof had to be changed at a cost of £3k (to them); the suspension leaked because of inherent problems with Audi's DRC system; the electrics on the drivers seat broke; the passenger door window motor broke; it ate tyres like they were going out of fashion; and the chassis seemed to be made out of jelly. Oh, and the dealer couldn't give a rats.
  • Options
    Well I would say the Beamer all day long as the Alfa has a pretty poor reputation. Mind you the Audi A3 Sportsback knocks them both out of the park IMO
  • Options
    Forget all this - what you need a car with real status and presence on the road - a Jaguar XJ8 3.5 V8 2003. It just so happens that I have one for sale... PM me for details - book price is £4,200 but it could be cheap for a quick sale.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Audi audi audi

This. The interior finish and quality of the Audi models is well above that of the BMW and Mercedes equivalents for the same price.
  • Options

Audi audi audi

This. The interior finish and quality of the Audi models is well above that of the BMW and Mercedes equivalents for the same price.
    The quality of the interior in Audi's is exceptional, I'll give you that. A BMW will beat an Audi hands down when it's actually moving though!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Audi audi audi

A BMW will beat an Audi hands down when it's actually moving though!!
    Unless the weather is a bit dodgy in which case the only moving a BMW will do is either the pirouette or deboulé, especially if you leave it on its summer run-flat tyres.

bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f75/e87-2007-bmw-1s-really-bad-snow-t96995/
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

Audi audi audi

A BMW will beat an Audi hands down when it's actually moving though!!
    Unless the weather is a bit dodgy in which case the only moving a BMW will do is either the pirouette or deboulé, especially if you leave it on its summer run-flat tyres.

bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f75/e87-2007-bmw-1s-really-bad-snow-t96995/
    I don't disagree. I drive a 5 series with an auto box - probably the worse combination possible in snow. But thankfully we don't have that much of the white stuff.
  • Options
    So, thought I'd report back. Ended up being sensible and getting a Seat Leon 1.6 TDI Eco. Very impressed so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015

Thinking of selling my 1 series m sport 4 door diesel in the next few weeks, had it as the second owner never let me down, but only now have 36,000 miles on the clock, had a couple of these, great car. so why am I selling it. Now have 2 dog's, and the wife is the main driver and fancies a 4x4.?
    The road tax is £30 a year, and the car does over 40 mpg around here. 60 mph on a run. Just know I am going to regret this.

2011 plate car, first dealer I ring up informs me they will 'simply put it on a trailer\lorry and flog it off at BCA '.
    Oh, like Stephen James do then I replied?...... I do not hold out much hope!

So Ken you got any pics of this vehicle and have any idea how much you want for it? Did you mean 60mpg? 60 mph is the same as my KSR 125cc commuter bike and would have to be a knackered engine!!

Not for me btw but they're around £6-7k online with more miles!
  • Options
    bmw 1 series if you are a salesman