Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Paco Carreno and RIP Daevid Allen

Paco Carreno, drummer in punk band Conflict and punk / ska band Inner Terrestrials - both locally-based - died on 20th Feb.

Daevid Allen, glissando guitarist and main man in the Anglo-French jazzy prog-rock band GONG, died on 13th March.

louderthanwar.com/rip-paco-carreno-drummer-with-conflict-and-inner-terrestrials/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daevid_Allen

Comments

• Gong one of the best bands of the 70s.
  • edited March 2015
    Loved Gong, saw them a couple of times, Allen was very influential.

I saw Conflict once but hasn't stayed in my mind.

RIP
  • Hare Hare Ladies' Lavatory.

RIP
  • RIP

You're a bit late. :-)
  • Wow! I was at school with Paco and was quite friendly with him when we were 14/15. I knew he had been unwell for some time as Conflict's lead singer Colin Jerwood used to live opposite me, but I hadn't heard this sad news.
  • Conflict were never my cup of tea but I used to see Paco a lot at gigs down at Thames Poly in Calderwood St. Regardless of anything else, he was a really friendly, genuine man. I knew a few people on the punk scene and they would moan about various others on the scene but no one had a bad word for Paco.
  • Loved the anarchy of Gong a real communal band based in France. Daevid's autobiographical books are good. He and Ayers used to live for nothing in Spain, Ibitha I think, living on oranges and fish from the sea (and no doubt cadging off Ayer's endless girlfriends).
  • edited March 2015
    RIP Daevid. See you up there on the Oily Way.

'Wise Man in Your Heart' pure magic.
  • The ungovernable force lp by Conflict is good.

Gong - camembert electrique is good

• Sponsored links:

• Paco was one of my cousins best friends. Had the pleasure of his company on a couple of occasions. Lovely , friendly , interesting and talented man.
  • Bumped into Paco a few times, The Railway Tavern in Bromley springs to mind. Nice bloke.
  • RIP both of them