Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Have you ever booked the wrong gig/show/turned up on the wrong day ?

This Friday, I was rushing, to get tickets, for, Of Monsters & Men at The Forum.
It sold out, so I had a quick search & was surprised to find tickets for them the next day at Brixton. A right touch.
I only realised, as I looked at the ticket, as I was leaving. I'd bought Of Mice & Men.
I still enjoyed the night out, but I'm not really, in to heavy metal/thrash metal, or whatever genre they are.

Comments

• A mate of mine turned up to the last game of the season v Bristol City at 2:45pm a couple of years back as he thought it was a 3pm kick off.

We were already back in the Liberal club as it was a 12:15 kick off.

He was rather embarrassed (and disappointed to have missed the game of the season).
  • I lent my Brother In Law my ST for a Charlton game on boxing day, unfortunately as the game kicked off early, 1.00, he turned up as people were leaving!!

I took my daughter to see The Who at Wembley, the weather was was awful for a two hour drive across London. When we arrived and were going in the tickets would not scan, the women looked at them and then stated ... they were for yesterday!!! Amazingly enough, she said go to the box office they will sort you out and amazingly enough they gave us two tickets that were slightly better than the originals .. well impressed was I.
  • We pitched up at the Rowley Mile at Newmarket only to find the races were on the July Course. It was June so I thought it was a reasonable mistake to make!

The SIL booked a ferry from Dublin to Holyhead return. Pitched up at Dublin - no ferry - that's because she booked her return sailing for the day she was going out and vice versa. Doh!
  • A mate of mine turned up to the last game of the season v Bristol City at 2:45pm a couple of years back as he thought it was a 3pm kick off.

He was rather embarrassed (and disappointed to have missed the game of the season).

The 4-1. Great game that :wink:
  • The Mrs bought tickets to see Michael McIntyre at the O2 as a Mother's Day present.

When we turned up there were signs saying Lee Evans cancelled which had us a little confused, when we got to the ticket office we realised we were a year early!!

She'd bought the tickets 18 months in advance.
  • Turned up to see Kevin Bloody Wilson at a pub in Fulham in the evening and it turned out it was a lunchtime show. Said nothing about it on the tickets and the bird who sold them to me at TNT magazine swore blind she told me it was lunchtime. She was a liar.
  • I turned up for me local hunt exhibition in the community centre only to find when I walked in that I'd got me times and event wrong and they were setting up for an evening meal, stood there with about 10 people staring at me while I tried to ask where the exhibition was, I'd only been living here for about 2 month
  • The Mrs bought tickets to see Michael McIntyre at the O2 as a Mother's Day present.

When we turned up there were signs saying Lee Evans cancelled which had us a little confused, when we got to the ticket office we realised we were a year early!!

She'd bought the tickets 18 months in advance.

A guy at work did the same thing, although he did realise the day before he was due to go.

Did that for Charlton v Reading a few years back, set off at 12 to walk to the coach, walked past my local which had "Charlton v Reading, 12.45" on a board outside.

Walked in, ordered a pint, called my Dad to say I wasn't on my way and watched the game in the pub. At least it was on Sky, was a great game, 4-2 I think?
  • Kap10 said:

I lent my Brother In Law my ST for a Charlton game on boxing day, unfortunately as the game kicked off early, 1.00, he turned up as people were leaving!!

I took my daughter to see The Who at Wembley, the weather was was awful for a two hour drive across London. When we arrived and were going in the tickets would not scan, the women looked at them and then stated ... they were for yesterday!!! Amazingly enough, she said go to the box office they will sort you out and amazingly enough they gave us two tickets that were slightly better than the originals .. well impressed was I.

That'd good but I bet using the force helped you Yoda
  • Sponsored links:

• Years back my mates drove to Wembley hoping to buy some Michael Jackson tickets off a tout. They scored some easily but ended up in the arena and not the stadium. They started to realise things were not right by the audience. So they checked the tickets and they were at a Procul Harum gig. Divvys.
  • I turned up at the Hammersmith Odeon once to see a band only to discover that it was some Christian folk band (I can't remember the name). Fortunately, the gig I was going to see was just up the road at the Hammersmith Palais.

Somewhat more weirdly, I recently went to the Soho Theatre to see Rob Brydon (he was rubbish!). However, the Soho Theatre has 2 or 3 small venues in one and I ended up in the wrong theatre. I thought I was watching up a warm up act for Rob Brydon until three minutes into a monologue about drugs I realised it couldn't be the warm up act. I walked out (others assumed in protest) and joined Rob Brydon a little late.
  • But if brydon was rubbish do you regret not staying for the drugs chat!
  • Turned up at Stamford Bridge in the 80s, possibly the Battle of the Bridge game. Dad had brought the previous year's ticket stubs. Getting in took ages but we managed to convince them to let us through.
  • Curb_It said:

But if brydon was rubbish do you regret not staying for the drugs chat!

Well, maybe, but the drugs monologue was pretty weird stuff. I think I would have rather stayed in the pub.
  • Charlton v Stoke about 20 years ago. Ordered tickets over phone. We all went through turnstiles, went to our seats and someone in them all. Bit of debate and then to prove to them they were our seats, showed them our tickets. They pointed out we had tickets for a different game. The ticket office had sent us the wrong tickets; we hadn't noticed and none of the turnstile operators had noticed either.
    All ended well as other seats available ( and we won, I think!)
  • I turned up for a flight once having read the landing time rather than the take off time... Take off was in 20 minutes. I just had hand luggage, was rushed straight through security, got straight on and all was well. Most efficient flight, though I won't be cutting it that fine again!
  • Went from Birmingham to a gig in Northampton Town Hall a few years back.
    Sadly the band were playing in Nottingham Town Hall.
  • Chilli Peppers Hyde Park 2004, my mate opened the tickets on the train up and they were for the Sunday which was the next day.

We were flying to Portugal the next day to see England in Euro 2004 so haggled with a tout to swap them, think he got away with about £40

I must have gone to 50 gigs with him since then and the 'have you got the right day' bants will never wear thin
  • Sponsored links:

• I went to meeting in Cheltenham once when it was actually in Chippenham. I arrived 5 minutes late without any lunch!
  • A guy who I work with once had tickets to see Mororhead. He was so excited about it that he kept on and on talking about it for months. On the day of the gig he was very excited, left work at lunchtime and headed straight for the pub. By early evening he was so pissed that he passed out, missed his train and didn't see one jot of Lemmy and co.
  • edited March 2015
    One 14th February a few years back me and my brother in law decided that rather than me treat his sister to a romantic night out, as convention dictates, we'd go to the cinema together instead. My missus was fine with this before you start as she agrees it's a load of old rubbish as well.

We get there a bit late, buy the tickets for some crappy horror movie if I remember right, walk straight into the cinema, where the previews are starting. Only two seats left so we're in the very front row which on hindsight should have set alarm bells ringing. Every trailer was for what seemed to be some sort of teen movie which eventually did make the penny drop and when we looked around, everyone else was a) under 25 & b) clearly on a date.

Cue a whispered conversation of the "get your stuff we're in the wrong fecking cinema!" nature but just as we stand up to leg it the main feature starts and everyone's attention is now very much front and centre so we got clocked by every single person in there doing a walk of shame back up the aisle.

To compound our embarrassment the film even turned out to be some Ashton Kutcher romcom called, er...Valentine's Day.
  • Was the horror movie My Bloody Valentine? Would be a reasonable mistake!!

Sadly not. Just remembered it was The Wolfman with Anthony Hopkins. Tbh it was that bad we should have stayed in the first screen.
  • When Embrace released their first album they were doing a midnight live and signing session in hmv oxford st. Ex girlfriend got me and a mate wristbands (sparkly pink things) . Put them on when we were on our way up on the train only to realize we were a week early!

Had to wear the thing to work on a site all week.
  • Stig said:

A guy who I work with once had tickets to see Mororhead. He was so excited about it that he kept on and on talking about it for months. On the day of the gig he was very excited, left work at lunchtime and headed straight for the pub. By early evening he was so pissed that he passed out, missed his train and didn't see one jot of Lemmy and co.

Didn't miss much. Those cover bands aint all that!

Sadly not. Just remembered it was The Wolfman with Anthony Hopkins. Tbh it was that bad we should have stayed in the first screen.
    No excuse then!!