Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England U21 v Germany U21

Great game now on BT Sport.

England just levelled, big assist from Carl Jenkinson.

Played at a wet Riverside Stadium.

England playing with passion, pace and skill against a strong German side.

Half time.

Comments

• Is Gomez playing?
  • Jenkinson has been excellent. "West Ham's Jenkinson" Pfffft!
  • Jenkinson MOM
  • edited March 2015
    Played like Barca tonight.

Give it 2 years in the England fold and They'll be giving Bognor a run for their money!
  • supaclive said:

Jenkinson has been excellent. "West Ham's Jenkinson" Pfffft!

Yeah he's a product of their Youth Team... Didnt you know?
  • Every one of England's teams at all ages won this week. The home nations are doing well in their groups and teams like Germany, Holland, Italy and Spain are making hard work of it all.
  • Every one of England's teams at all ages won this week. The home nations are doing well in their groups and teams like Germany, Holland, Italy and Spain are making hard work of it all.

I'll tell you what the issue is for those Nations... they need a longer winter break!!... Players of that quality shouldnt be expected to play more than two / three times each season
  • I am instinctively against having too many foreigners (though how many is too many) playing in the English leagues .. BUT, if their presence is setting a good example to young (or old for that matter) English players in terms of skill and professionalism, then that IS good for the English game and the future of the English national team.
  • I am instinctively against having too many foreigners (though how many is too many) playing in the English leagues .. BUT, if their presence is setting a good example to young (or old for that matter) English players in terms of skill and professionalism, then that IS good for the English game and the future of the English national team.

Am all for the best foreign player in the English Leagues as well... i.e. Thierry Henry / David Silva / Yaya Toure / Didier Drogba / Angel Di Maria / David Luiz for example but then when you get the likes of Kleberson / Eric Djemba-Djemba / Quinton Fortune / Stéphane Guivarc'h etc... playing here and surely being worse than our own youth, thats where we need to sort out the problems
  • Sponsored links:

I'll tell you what the issue is for those Nations... they need a longer winter break!!... Players of that quality shouldnt be expected to play more than two / three times each season
    lol it's only March!

Of course its when it matters in the summer but it's a start

Am all for the best foreign player in the English Leagues as well... i.e. Thierry Henry / David Silva / Yaya Toure / Didier Drogba / Angel Di Maria / David Luiz for example but then when you get the likes of Kleberson / Eric Djemba-Djemba / Quinton Fortune / Stéphane Guivarc'h etc... playing here and surely being worse than our own youth, thats where we need to sort out the problems
    totally agree

lol it's only March!

Of course its when it matters in the summer but it's a start
    It was a deliberate action by all the English teams to crash out of the Champions League and Europa League early to keep our best players nice and fresh.
    We should do the same next season, and let the Spanish and German players tire themselves out before the Euros!
  • Why have they asked Pearce? Bloke is clueless.
  • Would remove... Jones / Wilshere / Sterling / Shelvey
  • They all need more tournament experience.

What about foreign players like , Ben Haim , Bikey, Bulot , Vetokele , Gudmundsson etc etc playing in our leagues

totally agree
    There are two World Cup winners in the second list but I get your point.

What about foreign players like , Ben Haim , Bikey, Bulot , Vetokele , Gudmundsson etc etc playing in our leagues

Or a certain Miguel Llera playing for Scunthorpe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was there last night at the Riverside - I thought Carl Jenkinson had a slow start but then really improved. The whole team did well in the second half - some of the Germans probably technically superior especially when holding possession but the English boys fought hard and deserved what they got. If I was Southgate I'd stick with this team and forget some of the 'stars' who don't seem sure if they want to be there.
    Hope Danny Ings doesn't go somewhere like Chelsea or City in the summer as well. He needs regular football to develop - would fit in well with Brendan Rodgers style of play at Liverpool.
    Also would have been nice to see Joe Gomez and Jordan Cousins in the squad last night, or on the pitch.